1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And I didn't even came out =/

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlackSwan, Jul 1, 2013.

1. BlackSwan

Well...now my parents (specially my mom) are afraid that I could "become gay" after they knew I have gay friends and I went to the Pride Parade.. :icon_sad: But what they don't know is that I'm attracted to girls (too and more than to boys) since I'm was 14 or so..

Actually their reaction after knowing that I was going to the Pride parade was worst than I imagine would be.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you and I know that no one can "become gay", and I'm sorry to hear about their reaction. They obviously think that being gay is a choice and may be you should tell them that it's not. Since their reaction wasn't positive about you going to Pride, then I'm sure you can imagine how they're going to react once you come out. However, I don't think you should allow that to stop you.

My parents reaction was very supportive, but one of my sisters treated me differently. It made me feel uncomfortable and ashamed in my own home. I was a lot younger at the time and every little negative comment crawled under my skin.

I think it will take time for them to accept the fact that their daughter is gay. My sister acted like I could "turn" her gay if she touched me, so she avoided me. It was pretty hurtful, but my skin's a lot thicker now.

If you're financially dependant on your parents then perhaps you should wait, if not, then go for it. I took out loans while in school, so when I came out, I wasn't worried that they'd stop helping me. These days, a lot of parents are bargaining and using things (such as paying for college) to keep their kids in line. Enough of my rambling, I realized that you weren't actually looking for coming out advice :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  3. BlackSwan

Yes I guess I'll wait untill I'm financially independant...thank you for your reply and the advice! :slight_smile: