1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a few thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ty, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

(this is more my thoughts than anything else)

Been thinking about coming out and I really want to come out at school, because im really confident in doing so.. theres just one thing thats stopping me and thats my dad =/..
    Naturally, I figure, if I tell everybody at school then my parents would eventully find out (since my brother and sister are going to my school in september, that makes it even worse) So I've kinda accepted that i'll just wait till I go to university because then, atleast i'll be far away from them and not really around him all the time.
    Its frustrating though. Hmm.. *head desk*

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

What's the problem with your dad finding out? Do you think he'll react badly?

Could you come out to your mum and discuss with her about coming out to dad?

What about coming out to your brother and sister and asking them not to say anything to dad until you have done so?

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I just don't think he'd be comfortable with it. No doubt he would still love me, but it would be far too awkward -.-

Again, coming out to her would be so scary. Not sure if I could do it.. It'd be so much easier If i just said 'btw, im gay' and then ran off to university in liverpool/manchester ect :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Their too young, they wouldn't understand and they'd definitly tell my parents.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think your mum has been dropping hints for a while, hasn't she? From what you've said on MSN I think she has guessed already and is trying to give you a chance to say something.

I think telling your mum when you next get an opportunity is the best way forward.

5. interstella

I feel exactly the same way, except my dad is VERY homophobic.