1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forbidden Love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MaryMyers, Jul 2, 2013.

1. MaryMyers

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I had essentially been dating a young woman (I'm a young woman myself) for the majority of this year so far, and we were extremely happy together. It was our first time being emotionally/sexually involved with a female, so we were both in the closet to our families, but fully intended on coming out and embarking on an exciting and long-lasting relationship together.

However, when she decided to be honest with her mother about me, things became extremely complicated. Her mother threw a tantrum that lasted weeks and negatively affected my 'girlfriend' so much that she decided to end the 'relationship'. I was devastated, and I guess it's no suprise that she's upset about it too. I saw her recently and she began to cry and reveal how much she wishes we could still be together despite knowing she would lose her mother.

I don't want her to have to lose her mom, but she's really upset and claims to hate her life, it's unfair that we can't be together. How can I support her and make her happy when I'm the foundation of why she's upset to begin with?

2. Batman is swag

I am SOOO sorry. This broke my heart to read. I know you must be really cut up, and her too. I've never been in this situation myself, but I've been in something similar. Just be there for her. Text her every day that you're still here, and you still love her. I honestly don't know what else to say. I'm really sorry ='( :icon_sad:

3. srslywtf

Ugh, interfering mothers are something I know too much about.
    My advice is to be with each other anyway. Of course if she's anything like me, she wont be able to bring herself to say no to her mother, despite knowing its the right thing.