1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just have to tell somebody about my insane straight crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I just have to get this off my chest. Recently I have developed a terrible crush on my best friend's sister. And there are so many complications :eusa_doh: She has a boyfriend, for a start, and I have no reason to believe she's interested in girls. She's also just recovering from anorexia, so the whole situation with her and my best friend and her self-confidence and her relationship with her bf is very complicated. But I just have such a crushing horrible fascination with her :icon_sad: *head desk*

I haven't told anybody else about this. Normally I would tell my best friend but I figure it would wierd her out. So I just wanted somewhere to say it. I'm not really looking for advice, I guess, because I know what you would all say. You'd be so sensible and understanding and tell me to focus on something else and forget her and just have patience.

I know all the good advice. But it's still killing me :eusa_doh:

[/rant]
    Thanks for reading.

2. jroakwood

awh. im sorry, im sure its difficult that you cant even talk to your best friend about it.
    i know how you feel though,
    i find it difficult to talk to my friends that im out to PERIOD about guys.
    i dunno why, i just find it awkward almost.
    but yeah, i can empathize.

3. RENThead

would you be able to talk to your friend about someone that you like, but not mention any names, or maybe she is a sister of another friend...

4. Louise

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) What can I say? There is nothing to say so I will just send you loads of (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

5. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

OOO it always happenes this way doesn't it?? Having a crush on the one of the most inappropriate people... then feeling wierd/guilty about it, and not being able to talk about it because its wierd!! Sorry no advice just empathy lol ... hope it all works out for you though!
    :thumbsup:

6. Trumpetplyer23

Well, the best thing for you to do is get it off of your chest. Which you did by posting here. It's a start at least.

Do you have another friend that you would feel comfortable in confiding this information in? If so, tell that person and (of course) swear them to secrecy.

If there isn't anyone else you feel comfortable talking with, try writing some of your thoughts and feelings down on a sheet of paper. Then write down why you think you feel that way.

Or like Renthead said, tell your best friend, but change names and familial relations.

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Thank you, Louise, yahooo, and everyone who's posted sympathy (*hug*)

And, trumpetplayer, thank you so much for your advice. I think I will do that writing feelings down thing. It might help me. Thank you so much (*hug*)

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey, sorry you're in this situation (*hug*). I always seem to crush on the most inappropriate people too - it's almost a prerequisite for me to get a crush on them!

I think that it is best you don't tell your friend directly, but you could always change names etc - I've done that in the past. Although then she might get curious. But definately, writing things down helps - but make sure it's nowhere that your friend or anyone else can find it!!

But vent here as much as you like (*hug*) - complicated straight crush, I have so felt your pain. (Why is that it always happens with someone who is straight or otherwise unavailable?). Just gotta try and distract yourself, and wait for it to die a natural death, but vent here as much as you like :slight_smile: And lots of hugs(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)