1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mum doesnt get it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gaz89, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Gaz89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey hey, well my sisters mate just rang my sister up saying that they saw my myspace saying bisexual, which then got back to my mum who then mentioned it too me. She's being a bitch basically. She said, I dont want to be a part of it.. its not natural and that it will take ALOT for her to accept me bringing a man back to the house. I'm shocked at my mums views and she doesnt understand at all. She said she cannot understand how two men or two women can kiss and have sex. I honestly dont know what to say. i told her i didnt choose to have these feelings but she doesnt get it at all. Dad doesnt know and im wondering if i should tell him, and try to explain to them both. I dont know what to do. im currently not speaking with my mum and its going to carry on that way untill she says something usefull to me. She wants me to get a gf and live happily ever after with children, well thats not going to happen. what should i say or do to help the situation. any help? will she come round? But i did tell her i was confused ages ago and she seemed fine with it, but now its completely different. im wondering if someone has had a chat with her or something. God. i cant believe my own mum said she doesnt want anything to do with me if i go with a man. :bang:

2. LorenzG1950

Hi Gaz 89,

Yes your mom will come around. She's only in a momentary state of shock that hopefully won't last too long. Give her some time and be patient. If you think your dad can provide moral support, then you should consider engaging his help. If he's gonna freak out, then you're not doing yourself a favor by worsening your odds (2 against 1) :confused: . If your mom is going to tell your dad anyway, then you may as well try to get there first. Tough questions I know :confused:

One thing is for sure. The silence will be broken sooner or later by them or you. Pick your moment and prepare yourself with answers to all of the possible questions. You'll have to be the judge of when that opportune moment comes along. Stay calm, cool, and rational, even if your parents don't.

Don't know if that helps but good luck(*hug*) .

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

4. TriBi

Yes - As soon as I started reading your post I was going to direct you to the same link as Paul...I hope it helps you understand.

5. tired_of_lying411

I think she's scared. I'm almost positive my mom knew for a while before confronting me. I think she dealt with it first and then came to me.

No one wants their kids to be different. Your mom was once young, and knows what growing up is like. The different kids get it worst. I'm just being surprisingly optimistic about this, but maybe she just wanted to give it one try. Saying those things. she could very well come around.

I think my mom would have given the "Are you sure? You don't even want to TRY to be straight" response had she not dealt with it first.

Hope it all works out. Just be responsible, no matter what. Try not to get too mad at her. This is really tough stuff to deal with and can make people act different.

6. xpione

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You comtemplate deeply and claerly on how ot epxlain this with her. She must understand and accept who you are. She must respect your decision. She believes being homsexual is a choice, prove her that is not true. You don't have to do this all at once, it can be several times. Try your very best, if she doesn't understand, that is her sole responsibility to solve problems within her. When you're confident in yourself, it doesn't matter what others say.