1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made my first step out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TheDifferent13, Jul 7, 2013.

1. TheDifferent13

So, it's been a while since I've been active on this site, but for this I had to take some time, and share it with you folks.

To get to the point, after months of contemplating and weeks of trying, I finally came out to two of my closest friends, and I couldn't have wished for a better response.

I basically decided to do it about a week ago, when I texted a friend, saying that I have to tell him and the other friend something the next time we meet. And so we got together yesterday. We were at first friend's house, where me and the other friend were helping him with his apartment, and then they both started drilling me about what I had to say. I was really nervous when it came to it, cause I had no idea how they would react. But I just told them about a few years ago, when I said that I had a girlfriend once, saying how that wasn't true, and that I'm actually not into girls. At that point I thought my heart was gonna explode, but their reaction was amazingly pozitive.

They just listened to me the whole time I was explaining it, and then they just said that they are cool with it and that they appreciate it and feel honored that I chose them to be the first to tell. After some talk, we went back to work like nothing had happened, no awkward feelings or anything. We also got to play a board game later in the evening, and it was as much fun as always, so I knew then that things haven't changed at all.

On my way home, I texted one of them asking about something that I forgot at his place, and thanking him for such a good reaction to me coming out to them, and he said that he really appreciates me telling them, and that something like that requires a lot of balls. I also texted the other friend today, thanking him for being so cool about it, and he was really supportive, and he said that we can go grab a beer together whenever I need or want to talk about it.

So all in all, they have been positive about it, and that's all I hoped for.

2. Dave5432

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is GREAT!

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations Dude, that is so awesome & go you, for having 2 great friends, I am realy pleased for you :thumbsup: (*hug*) (!)(!)(!)(!)

4. TheDifferent13

5. Average Joe

Hey mate, long time no... talk! How've you been? Congratulations on your coming out, that is a great response, indeed. Would you believe that I actually came out for the first time no longer than a month ago? Also to two of my friends, and also got a positive reaction? (I've posted a thread about it, too) How's that for a coincidence? :slight_smile:

6. Batman is swag

Congrats!!!!! I'm really happy for you! You are so lucky to have such amazing friends!!! =))))

7. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

What a good friends! I hope that my close friends will react the same as yours if I will come out one day. It really makes me feel good and happy to read your story! thank you for sharing

8. TheDifferent13

Thank you everybody, I appreciate it.

Hey Joe, it's all part of the universal plan! :wink: Congratulations to you too, by the way.

FucSoc, I'm glad that my story has helped you in any way, and I wish you all the best with when you decide to come out to your friends.

9. Sayu

Hey, that's some great news! :slight_smile: Congrats on taking the big step! :slight_smile:

10. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is fantastic news! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

I know from my own experience that once you tell the first person (or in your case people), it becomes a little bit easier. And with each person you tell, it gets easier and easier.

I'm so glad you had such a positive experience coming out. What great friends you have.

--Zoe