1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally ready to tell my story :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by welshy92, Jul 7, 2013.

1. welshy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Everyone,

I hope people read this and can take something from it that can help them with coming out!

Firstly a little bit of a background about me. I have recently graduated from university :slight_smile: (got a 2:1 in sports science:icon_bigg). I'm 21 years old, am very sporty and play semi professional rugby.

If any of you know rugby, you will know that it is a very masculine sport that is based around smashing lumps into each other but I love it :thumbsup:. Therefore because of this it has always been difficult for me firstly accept that I was gay and secondly talk about my feelings with people. This is because of the nature of the sport and the people that play it (can often be aggressive and very intimadating). Also because I had played the straight guy for 19 years it made it diffcult to tell people I wasn't.

So about 2 years ago I broke up with a girlfriend of 2 years (she broke up with me) and now I was single I was ready to explore these feelings I had for the same gender! I entered a gay dating website and met this boy who lived 3 hours away! We chatted online for a few weeks before organising to meet! So we met halfway and stayed in a hotel!

This was all done in This was all done in secret, I would sneak away for a night or two without my parents knowing where I was going (use to make excuses). Then we got together and I started seeing him at his uni house about 3 hours away! However, my parents were starting to ask questions about where I was going! I hate having to lie to my parents! This was all done in secret, I would sneak away for a night or two without my parents knowing where I was going (use to make excuses). Then we got together and I started seeing him at his uni house about 3 hours away! However, my parents were starting to ask questions about where I was going! I hate having to lie to my parents!, I would sneak away for a night or two without my parents knowing where I was going (use to make excuses). Then we got together and I started seeing him at his uni house about 3 hours away! However, my parents were starting to ask questions about where I was going! I hate having to lie to my parents!

One day (about 4 months into our relationship) I was shopping with my dad and on the way home he starting asking questions about who I been seeing! He then said is it a girl?? And I said no its not and then he clicked and said "o no son!" I'll always remember those words. Then he started crying! (we had pulled up onto the drive by now) then I started crying and asked if he still loved me :icon_sad:. He turned to me and said "of course I love you son" and then started to ask who this boy was etc... we walked for about an hour and demanded I got checked for HIV (even though I only slept with 1 boy and used protection). Then we went into my house where my mum was wondering where was had been! With my dad still crying a little she asked again! Then my dad said " our son thinks he gay". My mum said "that's it?? I thought something serious was wrong! Ha-ha that made me smile and the questions started to be thrown at me again :confused:.

So I have now been with my boyfriend for 18 months and he has started visiting my house. DREAM COME TRUE! It is still awkward around my dad tho but apart from that it's all going good so far!

Any questions drop me a message

2. Batman is swag

Congrats homie!!!!! =)))))))))))))

3. MixedNutz

Awesome!!