1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to my old crush and friend!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MoyashiAlice, Jul 7, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

So, today my relatives came over. Some of them are the most homophobic, racist people I can remember meeting. :frowning2: For example, listed are some of the things they have said:

Grandma: Asian people shouldn't drive, they can't see properly." :bang:

Great Aunt: (listening to story about woman who returned to her abusive husband) Was she a Muslim? I knew a girl like that."
    Aunt: Oh yeah, Muslims are known for that right?" :bang:

Great Aunt: "Oh (insert uncle's name) was molested by a gay man!"
    Mom: "Wait what do you mean by that?" <-Gay activist
    Great Aunt: "He asked him out!!!" :bang:

I can't stand most of my distant family. :dry: But this in turn lead to me talking to my previous crush and friend about homophobia as I was complaining to her about my relatives. So the following conversation happened:

Friend/Old crush: ugh I can really empathize with you there. Nothing upsets me more than homophobia/racism/judgmentalism
    Me: ^Thank you!
    Even some of the stuff buddies at school say annoys me.
    People in the group have said stuff like "Everyone who doesn't do their homework is lazy. or "lesbians make me really uncomfortable"or "I don't think that homosexuality is right."
    Friend/Old Crush: le sigh
    Me: I'm glad that I have a friend who supports the same human rights as me. I try to judge people on who they are, not by their skin color or sexuality.
    Friend/Old crush: exactly! That is the driving force behind identification as pansexual. whoops I meant to say my identification. I consider myself to be, but I'm still young.
    Me: Cool, I'm bi. :icon_bigg
    Friend/Old Crush: n_n
    Me: You had no clue huh? I've known for 2 years but I was always kinda afraid to come out in high school. Your only the second person I've told, so please don't tell anyone else.
    Friend/Old Crush:of course not, your secret is safe with me.
    Me: Thanks. Wait, so do you like girls too?
    I think I kinda messed up the pansexual definition. >.>
    Friend/Old crush: though I do find certain things more attractive, appearance, sex, gender, race etc. doesn't mean much of anything to me. It's about the personality.

After that we kinda talked about random stuff. It's interesting that she's pansexual... I had a dream last night that I was about to get married to her but didn't. :rolle: Also most people labelled her as straight but my mom thought she was a lesbian when she first met her. :eek: Although she doesn't always guess right, my mom has this amazing gaydar that can find out anyone NOT straight. :lol: