1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Startling Discovery...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by KingdomKeyDK, Jul 8, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

I know that many of you will not believe it, but I actually did it. I recently told you about a friend who I was very close to coming out to. I finally came out to her July 4th, and she wasn't even bothered by it. I was so giddy that she wasn't bothered. She promised never to tell anyone, and she never would have.
    The next morning, my mother came into the room with my cell phone. She doesn't snoop, but she did turn it on, and my friend asked, "HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE YOU TELLING?!?" She asked me what it meant, and I told her how I felt about myself and what I feel for other people.
    After telling her, she went and told my father everything that I told her. He yelled at me, and they told me to tell my friend I was joking and testing our friendship. I told her that it was a test, and we are still great friends. I just can't help feeling that I just dug a deeper hole. What would you do if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

2. KingdomKeyDK

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow... that's pretty crappy of your friend to go and tell your dad. I'm honestly not sure what I would do. She clearly broke your trust by going and telling your dad. If you feel like she will not tell anybody else, then you can tell her what your dad did. I would make it clear that you don't want to her to tell anybody else though.

4. KingdomKeyDK

No it was my mother who found out. She told my father. My friend is completely trustworthy.

5. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a big hole there...

What you should do mostly depends on what you are planning to do with your parents. If you think you won't be able to make them come to terms with you being bi, maybe you should tell your friend what happened and why you told her it was a test. But you must be very careful if you do so. If your parents learn, it will be much harder to calm them down and they won't want to hear another word about it.

I think you should give your parents some time to cool off a little and then bring the subject up again.

You know your parents best, so you know what's actually best to do.

6. KingdomKeyDK

I think I should call her or FaceTime. That way, no proof will show. But do I really want to lie to my parents again?...

7. Batman is swag

I'm really sorry that happened)= . Honestly, I would talk to your friend in private, explain what your mom made you do, tell her what's really going on with your sexuality, and ask her to forgive you for confusing her.

Best of luck!