1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Foxtrot, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Foxtrot

I came out to my parents about my sexuality. I told them I'm bi; I think I'm pansexual but bi is probably easier to explain and I didn't really feel like going into all that. My mom and stepdad are both pretty homophobic and transphobic. They oppose gay marriage and my step dad is always listening to right wing radio and crap like that. When I told my mom she said she accepted me, but I don't know if she's telling the truth. I always had a suspicion about that and recently I heard a conversation between her and my brother about how she opposes gay marriage. This makes me thing she doesn't accept who I am and is just in denial that one day I might fall in love with someone who isn't a biological, straight female.

I also have never told her about my gender issues and I'm not even sure what I am with regards to that. Probably somewhere in the middle leaning towards female; I generally just call myself genderqueer. I really haven't told anyone about that except for my closest friend and even he seems to not want to talk about it. All of this just makes me feel ashamed about who I am and that there's no solution to my problems. :tears:

2. rjrh20

Don't stress it, someone (well everyone on EC that I know about) accepts you for you. Don't feel ashamed of who you are, you are you for a reason. People aren't going to like it and people are going to say mean things and people are going to do everything they can to put you down. If you don't let it get to and ignore ( I know easier said than done, but try) things will change. If you live near a local LGBTQ meet up kinda thing go. All that can happen is someone is going to try to help you. What ever happens you need to stay true to yourself. Never give up and just be as happy as possible. You know what fuck it when life gives you lemons make orange juice.

Hope this helps!!!

Free hug?(*hug*)

3. Foxtrot

Yeah, that is helpful and thanks for the free hug :slight_smile:. Just talking about it in safe environments helps. It's just hard to find them sometimes. I don't know of any LGBTQ groups in my home town, but I might start going to the LGBTQ group at my college when school starts up again.