1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm honestly surprised, what the recommended thing I should do from now on?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by twospiritlycan, Jul 11, 2013.

1. I honestly didn't think I would make it this far with most of my friends accepting me.

I recently made a coming out letter on my facebook messages, with a couple of pictures of me, not sexual pictures, I wouldn't send pics like that to my friends. Unless, if it's my friend KL, she's a girl, I only send her pictures of my corsets, she makes corsets and sells them in her local area.

I was surprised to hear back from two friends who I thought weren't going to respond positively to that letter. They explained to me in detail that they're accepting of me, and that I'm their friend no matter what and they'll stand up for me if anyone tries anything to hurt me. I was surprised to hear that kind of response from them.
    They were pretty much the most stereotypical man they you can imagine them to be, without the negative stereotypes of a terrible man of course. One of them runs a ranch, and he is pretty much like a cowboy. The other is a metal head who enjoys chilling with beer and fishing on his days off.
    I didn't expect them to be accepting at all and I was afraid of them not accepting me for who I am.

My friend KL, she found out about me when I was drunk one night. That was a little embarrassing, but she accepted me for who I am. I think I'm going off topic just right now.

Back on track. The third response was from a gay person I became friends at the local PFLAG group meetings. I'm afraid to tell them about myself, and I usually stay quiet at their meetings most of the time. He was very accepting, and I wasn't surprised by that at all. I kind of stopped going to those PFLAG meetings, because I feel odd around that old guy who hired me to clean and renovate his house. That's an interesting story to say the least, and he is nice though. I just found it a little odd he wanted me clean around the house without a shirt.

I'm awaiting two more responses from the others I sent the coming out letter, and I'm prepared for the worst case scenario. The thing I wanted to ask though, I don't know what to do.

I came out to a select group of friends on Facebook, most of them are accepting and the others are pending responses. I never thought of what I should do if they're accepting of me. I feel little awkward now about it, but really glad. What else can I do now about it?