1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've came out to Parents!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by clarkec1, Jul 11, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Finally, I have revealed my true orientation as bisexual to my most immediate family. My Mum and Dad now know truly who I am, I have no siblings, which I think is quite good but also not good that I don't have to come out to them.

I will be changing my "out status" very soon, and will do it with pride, I'm really pleased with what I have finally - after 7 months - uncovered.

This is the story that happened just minutes ago...

We were having and argument (obviously) and I just said that "no other kid is going through what I'm going through", and I took no care for what I had just said - and I thought my parents wouldn't either. But then my Mum became so paranoid she said that she was "getting really worried". She kept on guessing that I was a murderer, or a rapist, or a drug dealer, or an alcoholic, or even a hermaphrodite (no offence). But when she guessed gay, I did no with confidence. And rightly so - I'm not gay , I'm bi, and there IS a difference. Then after about a 15 minute confrontation and interrogation by her, she went though all the types of things I could reveal to her concerning sexuality. Gay, transgender, transexual, everything. But then they finally guessed bisexual. Afraid of missing the lon-awaited opportunity, I said "yeah." in a firm and concluding tone.

And then my Mum didn't know what that meant. Awkward... But then I explained it to them both, and they finally said that it "wasn't that bad", and that I'm their son, and it wouldn't change a thing.

At last! I've got it off my chest to more or less everyone that matters. Next people to tell: grandparents. I'm gonna need a break first though.

2. Gen

Gen

Congratulations. I'm happy that they took it well.(*hug*)

3. LD579

That's quite amazing, that you've come out to them and yet you're 13... Age, to some extent, doesn't matter, but then again, it does matter in many ways as well...

I'm trying to say, basically, cheers to you =) I'm glad they took it well, and you should be proud of yourself.

4. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

lol when you prepare yourself for the worst like alcoholic or drug dealer, it's kind of nice to hear that your son is attracted to men
    happy for you :slight_smile:

5. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Congrats !

6. RavenAthena

Woo, awesome!! :slight_smile: I'm glad they were really accepting!