1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my best friend! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RavenAthena, Jul 14, 2013.

1. RavenAthena

It's not a lot but this morning I told my best friend!! :grin: I have to admit I was a bit of a coward and just told her I was bi and not gay but I had no clue how she would react so I figured I'd just start with that. I asked her not to hate me first, and then I told her. She said of course she didn't hate me for that and any real friend wouldn't :grin: I know it's just one person but I'm really happy with myself haha. I'm thinking about telling my cousin who I'm really close to. :3 yeah, this was kind of pointless but I'm so freaking happy and wanted to put this somewhere heh. :icon_bigg

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Congrats !

3. derrik

congratulations

Take it one day at a time

Its cool to tell those close to you the truth

4. BiBi

BiBi Guest

Think about the people who are actually bisexual, like me, next time you use bisexuality to gauge someone's perspective on sexual orientation, because you're making people think bisexual isn't a real thing and that's mean.

5. jus1kis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow. at first my response to this was to cut her some slack because she just needed to take small steps in revealing...like she's telling her friend, "i'm just like you in that I still like guys, but that I also like girls." It seems like a good excuse to us bi as a buffer, but I guess I do see how it affects the idea of being bi. It makes is seem like its always just a buffer.
    But i still say that if thats what she needed to be able to reveal to her one best friend, then she deserves no judgement.

6. RavenAthena

I'm really sorry :icon_sad:

7. BabyKoalas

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jeez, give her a break. She's only 14. Coming out is hard enough as it is without someone else judging and jumping on you as soon as you do it. A little well done, or a bit of positive encouragement wouldn't have gone a miss. I do see your point, but coming out is a personal thing and no one else has the right to judge how someone else chooses to do it, in whatever way makes it slightly easier to do so.

Well done for telling your friend, I hope the fact that it went well encourages you to be brave with others :slight_smile:

x x x

8. RavenAthena

Thanks guys :slight_smile: one reason I said that is because I'm still not entirely sure I just like girls :/ I don't know I'm just kind of confused as hell right now. But I didn't mean to upset anyone :/

9. BabyKoalas

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't have it all figured out until I was 21...and so many older people aren't entirely sure about their sexuality. So to be fair I think you're doing pretty well so far, don't worry ;p x x x