1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Number 2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hepcat, May 4, 2008.

1. Hepcat

Ok, it's 4am and this is the first proper chance in weeks I've had of using the forum cause of the school holidays and my family being home. So I've only been able to go into the chatroom. But I announced there a while ago that I was going to come out to my Dutch grandfather next, cause I was sure he knew already and cause I also knew he wouldn't care.

So I decided Sunday would be the day it happens. I told my parents I was going to walk into town to check the prices of laptops to see whether there are some decent priced ones in town for when I go away. So I did do that, and then walked from town to my grandparents' house in the pouring rain trying to keep calm by listening to my cd player (yes I'm too cheap to upgrade to an iPod). I got to their place and said hello and everything. As usual my grandmother wanted to make me food and went off to the kitchen to make some toasted sandwiches and my grandfather told me he'd got a whole heap of books from my uncle that I should look through and take the ones I want.

So we were in the spare room sorting through these books when I took a big gulp and just mumbled "Granddad, I'm gay." but he didn't hear want I said so he leaned over and asked me again and I repeated it a bit louder, feeling paranoid that maybe my grandmother would hear from the kitchen. Then he said "Oh of course I know that. I've known that for years. But it's not a problem at all. Is that the real reason why you came over here today?"
    "Yeah"
    "Well that's nothing to worry about. Do you have anyone special in New Zealand?"
    "No... and err... can you please not tell mum or anyone"
    "Ah ok, well you don't need to worry about me telling mum cause I'm not going to tell anybody and I know she'd tell everyone whether you wanted her to or not. Does your dad know?"
    "No"
    "Well that's ok, it is not a problem. Not like what it was years ago. Back then it all used to be hushed up but today it is much better."

Then my grandmother finished the toasted sandwiches and we went back to the living room and continued as if the conversation hadn't taken place. (because my grandmother wouldn't be able to keep such a thing secret for long)

But... um .... for some reason, even though it went so well I just have this bad feeling. When I walked hope in the pouring rain I couldn't even accept that I'd just done it, it seemed like a dream. Anyway, if anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them when I get back home from work today. Thanks so much to everyone here at EC! :icon_bigg

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's brilliant! Your granddad is wonderful. :thumbsup:

Congrats on coming out #2 (!) :eusa_danc

3. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) Thats great ^_^

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz!! :grin: And I know what you mean, it can seem a bit dreamlike..

6. heinrichtann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations!

7. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hey, so pleased it went so well for you!!

So Congrats!!

8. panda

Congrats!! You've got a great Grand Dad .:thumbsup:

9. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that's awesome, your granddad is so cool!!

Congrats! :thumbsup: