1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Conversations/Situations

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SimpleMan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still not out to anyone, and it would be very problematic with my job at an overnight religious summer camp if I was, but I get to have conversations with kids that at least make me laugh a bit on the inside.

8 Year Old Boy: Which group are you in?
    Me: I am not in any group. I float around camp. I even sit with girl groups at meals sometimes.
    Boy: You're in a girl group!
    Me: No I am not. (laughing)
    Boy: You sleep in a girl's cabin! You sleep with girls!
    Me: Let's make one thing clear here. I do NOT sleep with girls.
    (I catch the double meaning and start laughing to myself. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the other staff member at the table suspects, but he wouldn't care either way.)

This is also the same job where I was observing a girl's group and their counselor. They decided to paint my nails rainbow colored. We play a game at meals where to protect yourself from the sandman you keep your hand on your chest. It looked like I was showing off my beautiful nails every time. :lol:

Anyone else have a similar story being in the closet, but finding a double meaning in conversations that other people wouldn't get? Or maybe people that suspect would get? I find in small ways these situations make me more comfortable with the idea of coming out.

2. gavguy

gavguy Guest

I always like the situation when someone asks if I bat for the other side, I kindly reply "I don't play cricket "
    This always makes me have a laugh and also can embarrass the person asking :roflmao:

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    co-worker: wait...you're gay?

me: yeah, you never noticed my , "I'm a queer" bumper sticker?

(He actually went out to the parking lot to see if I had one)

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Stepbrother in Dublin got a Girl Pregnant & his mother was furious, she went charging around to his Apartment where he lives & knocked him up out of Bed, she sat down with him in the lounge to have a good talk to him, "your an Eejit James, what was you thinking off ?" I don't know Ma, it just happened" "My God James, what do you use for Protection?" "I keep a Baseball Bat behind the front door, why do you ask Ma" Lol he is not the sharpest tool in the box :slight_smile:

5. RavenAthena

I've had this happen several times actually. It wasn't anything real major, but it was kind of funny because I'd start laughing and no one knew why xD

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One situation a couple years ago that is still kind of funny. I was on a long car ride with my parents, and sister and brother-in-law. It was a long ride so we played a game of saying what you were packing on a trip going in alphabetical order. You have to repeat everything that has been said then add a new item. It was my turn and I had the letter F, without thinking about it I said I was packing fudge. Needless to say the all teased me about that for the rest of the day

Dumb story, I know

7. Sayu

Umm... what's a fudge? :icon_redf

8. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Packing fudge is an insult about gay sex.

9. Lebowski45

I've had this thing a few times. It still happens because while I'm "out" I don't really feel the need to tell people who aren't that close, and nobody ever guesses I'm gay. I get a strange buzz about throwing in a line only I or possibly a few others while get in the conversation :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My favourite was when a co-worker came up to me and said "would you believe he's not gay" about another co-worker (he's kinda camp but straight). I said, in all honesty, I have no idea. He then said "nope, he's gay, I've got a good gaydar." Well, I couldn't resist. "Oh really? What would you say about me then?" Needless to say he thought I was "extremely" straight. When I said I was gay, he still didn't believe me! Thought I was joking. Even when he had it affirmed by another colleague, he thought we were winding him up. It's quite amusing but also slightly depressing at the same time haha :frowning2: