1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got the courage to say it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Apollo4800, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Apollo4800

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my mother yesterday, which was a very hard thing to do and I struggled with it for quite awhile, but I finally just had to say. At first, she was very upset and didn't want to look at me, I'm a black man from a very traditional family, so of course this was going to be no easy task. My mother is my best friend and always has been, so it was starting to really bother me that I wasn't sharing with her every aspect of who I am. Plus, I'm going into the Navy this year and I did not want to leave without being more truthful.

There was a lot of crying and I really thought that I had made a mistake saying anything at first. But, after I took a walk to get some air and she did the same, we met up and talked outside a little bit, after which she seemed to come to grips with it a little better. There is still a long way to go, but I do feel reassured about the fact that she still loves me and that our friendship will survive.

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :thumbsup: I know how hard that was for you, as I did the same myself recently, so well done, I bet you are really relieved now, I know I did (*hug*)

3. Apollo4800

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I really do feel better. It's been a tremendous weight on me and letting it go feels good.

4. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Congratulations ! It must have been hard but you must be proud to have taken that step.

5. Matty1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well done! I felt a lot better after telling my parents, but yeah it probably will take a while for things to get back to normal as I'm going through the same with my dad. My reason for coming out was similar (didn't want to leave for uni without telling them) but any way good luck in the navy :slight_smile:

6. wittyusername

Congratulations!!! :eusa_clap :thumbsup:

7. RainbowMan

Congrats, it always seems that the people that won't be accepting really are. :grin:

8. MixedNutz

Congrats, moms are hard, but usually they love you no matter what.