1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to those that matter and happy

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anongirl, Jul 20, 2013.

1. anongirl

I felt like sharing my experience coming out as Genderqueer since so far as it has been extremely positive.
    When I first started to figure it out I talked to my husband right away. We've been together for over a decade, we have a very honest relationship and I felt he deserved to know what had been occupying my mind so much. I also hoped that he would help me figure it out. He has been so accepting and supporting it's amazing. I actually cried the other night after one of our talks on the matter because I was so happy and overwhelmed by his support. All he wants is for me to be happy. I was a bit surprised by his lack of surprise but I guess he saw something like this coming so he was better prepared.
    I talked with my best friend next, she also was not surprised and is very happy that I have accepted what she had suspect since we were in high school.
    Now here came the big one, my mom. I was pretty sure she would be accepting, I knew she would understand once I explained the concept. She has always been very open-minded about the world as whole. What blew me away was what she revealed to me, turns out I was very close to having a dad instead of a mom. She never went through with it because it wasn't exactly right for her and at the time (the 80s) the resources just were there for her. So it turns out we have a lot more in common than we thought. My coming out to her led to her coming out to me and we've begun healing our relationship.
    I've told all the people I cared about, I don't feel the need to lay out to anyone else. I'm sure eventually I'll have to explain it to my kids but for now they are to young to care.
    I know I'm extremely lucky, I was so afraid and I'm counting my lucky stars and I wish this could be the case for everyone who struggles with this.

2. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You came out as a pansexual to your mother and she came out to you as a transgendered person? That must have been a rather surprising turn of events for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Rainbow Music

Oh my. who'd've thunk that's even possible. that is quite the turn of events.

4. gador

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    anongirl came out as genderqueer, but yeah I suspect it was quite a surprise. When I told my Mum that I'm gay she basically came out to me as asexual even when not using the word. It only pissed me off when she said perhaps I could be like her instead of gay.

I'm glad your relationship with your Mum actually improves because of this