1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So now all my friends know!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Holly, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Holly

I finally came out to the last of my friends, the two guys in the group. I've known one, Josh for ages, and me and Stephen have a history but we're past it and we're super close.

It was actually rather amusing because my friend, Abi was there with me, and I knew that I wanted to tell them while we were hanging out that afternoon. Abi, I told a few weeks ago, and we often talk openly about it and have a joke. We watch a lot of the same TV shows, and we have conversations on which actresses I like from them (funnily, she agrees with me on half of them, but looks wise, rather than romantically. She's definitely straight)

Anyway, we were sitting in the park, because we're all trying to enjoy the hot weather while it lasts (urgh, England...), and Abi knew I wanted to tell them.

Abi: Well, Holly has something to tell you
    Me: Thanks for making things awkward... (I said this jokingly, I knew she was just trying to help me find the courage)
    Abi: What? It's hardly a big thing, only three little words.
    Me: It took me the whole walk to school to find the confidence to tell you...
    Abi: Well that was just silly, you knew I wouldn't have a problem with it, and you know they wont either.
    Josh: What is it? 'I'm a lesbian'.
    Me: Yes
    Abi burst into laughter at this point, along with Josh and Stephen, they didn't quite get it.
    Josh: Oh, wait, you're actually serious?
    Me: Yes, I am serious.
    Stephen: So, are you les or bi?
    Me: Oh, I'm definitely gay....
    Stephen: Yes, I have a gay best friend!
    Abi: That's exactly what I said.
    Me: And here we were all thinking it was Josh!
    Josh: Hey! I like girls, just as Holly does here. So what do you think of *insert actresses name here*

It was really amusing, because it was the most lighthearted conversation I had. Josh proceeded to ask some awkward questions. They were rather personal, but I knew he was just curious, as he has known me for years. I'm most glad Stephen was fine with it though, because we are rather close...

So yeah, I just thought I would share it all with you. There are a few other people who either don't want to really know (they're not against it, they just don't feel like it needs to be said), and some who I'm definitely not close enough to tell, but I'm happy for them to find out through one of my closer friends.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. wittyusername

Congratulations! Glad it went well! (!)

4. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

congrats ^^ you have good friends
    i'm going to come out today in front of one of my good friends too. hope she will be okay with it, like your friends