1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I got a new family!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jeffers10, May 6, 2008.

1. Jeffers10

Jeffers10 Guest

Hey, All!

Last time I was on this site, I didn't have a coming out story. Now basically everyone except my family knows (although I think my mom isn't as dumb as I thought lol). So, the story starts last summer.

I was sitting in my room one night, talking to a good friend on AIM. She was spending the summer at my university about 30 minutes away. We were talking about stuff in general and I jokingly said "So, what would you do if I was gay?" She replied "I'd be embarrassed because at one point I wanted to date you lol." I just kinda brushed it off and continued with our conversation. Then, right before I said goodbye for the night, I told her the part about me being gay was true and quickly signed off before she could say anything.

The next morning, she calls me and says "I'm coming to your house after you get out of work." I didn't have time to argue, as I was already late and I had a lab meeting that morning. Anyway, she came over and we drove around town and talked. She said she didn't care and that she was still my friend. I felt amazing because she was the first person I'd ever told.

A few months later, our second year of college started and we both moved into our dorms. I didn't tell anyone else about being gay and just went along with my life. She and I were hanging out sometime around the end of October. One of her friends walked in and he instantly drew my attention. He was beautiful lol. He was talking to her and tried talking to me, but I get awkward when I'm around hot guys. We finally started talking when he tried to swat at a fly in the room and his cell phone flew out of his hand and hit me in the head.

He had to leave after a while and told me to Facebook him. At his point he didn't know I was gay, but I think he kinda guessed. I added him to Facebook, and a few hours later he sends me a text message saying "I thought you were kinda cute....what did you think?" and I replied "Well, if I thought you were, I wouldn't be comfortable saying it." He said "OMG you're gay! :slight_smile:" And that was the second person I came out to.

He and I started hanging out more and more. We did a lot of stuff together and basically became best friends. I started going to the Gay/Straight Alliance with him and I met a lot of amazing people there. Now I go to every Gay/Straight Alliance meeting. The people there are like family to me. They all know I am gay and all support me. I feel loved and cared about there.

Then, on February 14 (yep...Valentine's Day) he asked me to be his boyfriend. I was absolutely ecstatic. It was adorable! He wrote "Happy Valentine's Day!" on a napkin with an arrow pointing to the inside. In it, he simply wrote "Will you be my boyfriend?" I still have the napkin.

I know we have only been together for about three months, but it is amazing. We care about each other so much. The only problem is that he lives 4 hours away over the summer. But we talk multiple times a day and have plans to see each other over the summer. Basically, he makes me happier than I have ever been. I love him.

So that's my long-winded story :slight_smile:. I went from out to none to out to everyone but family in less than one year. If you made it through all that, thanks for reading! You rock!

#1 Jeffers10, May 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008
  2. LOVEjames

That'ssosweet! xDD

3. Helen

Helen Guest

Awww, that's wonderful! Congratulations, and incidentally, welcome back to EC! ^_____^

4. sdc91

Aw, that's sweet!

Best of luck to you and your bf!

5. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww... aww... aww... what a great story! That's so lovely. Thanks for sharing

6. Alexander

Yay :grin:

and you're from MICHIGAN :slight_smile: yay again ^_^

7. heinrichtann

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's so sweet! Congratulations and good luck!

8. Rahata

Congrats! I'm Happy for you :grin:, and wish you the best of luck!

9. hoping

Congrats man you sound so happy. your gay sounds so great. i hope everything keeps going amazing for you.

10. Nodnarb

Awwwwwwww.....such a sweet story. Congrats!

11. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That has to be the cutest thing I've ever heard! OMG. :grin:

12. Jeffers10

Jeffers10 Guest

:slight_smile: Thanks for all the comments everyone!

@ applovr: Yep, Michigan lol. Wonderful state we have, huh? You can run your heat and A.C. in the same day! lol

13. HalfInsane

Aww, that's so sweet. I find the napkin part adorable.

14. Sam

Sam

Thats great! Welcome to EC!

15. Grof142007

*sigh* that is freaking awesome filles me up with joy congrats =)

oh yea this cant be avoid AAAAAWWWWWW

16. biisme

that story is soooo sweet! and so happy!

congratulations!!!

17. Louise

What a lovely story and what wonderful friends you have :eusa_danc

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww omg that is sooo sweet!!! I wish someone would write that on MY napkin (Only it would say 'Will you be my girlfriend' and would come from a lesbian not a gay guy lol).

Congratz, that was seriously cute!! :grin:

19. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I guess everyone agrees: THAT IS SO SWEET!!!!
    I loved the story. awwww!!!!

20. Astaroth

So sweet. That made me smile, and I was feeling sort of down today. Thanks for the great story! :icon_bigg