1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm So Happy To Say I Came Out!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ViolinGirl8, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

I actually came out a while ago (about a month) but I haven't really told the story yet, and I want to be able to tell someone! So, this is a kind of long and unexciting story, but I guess sometimes people need to hear about something going well... I don't know if anyone will actually read this or care, but I'm just so happy to say I actually came out! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

It was at a sleepover (my sister's birthday party, actually - she and the rest of my immediate family knew long before I told any of my friends) and it was about 1 or 2 in the morning. We were playing truth or dare, which is rather dangerous for someone who is still in the closet, but I love to play it anyway, and I guess that's in part because I hope to possibly tell someone.

Anyway, we were playing where everyone answers the questions asked, and I decided to be brave (these 6 people that were still awake happened to be 6 of my closest friends) and pose the question 'Would you ever consider having a relationship with a girl?' (we were all girls) and, to my surprise, 3 of the 6 said yes! This kind of opened up my mind, and the next question, 'Who do you like?' was just a perfect opportunity.

I don't remember exactly what I said, but I'm pretty sure that I said something like "I'm not really sure what to say here but I know I can trust you so I want to let you know that I'm pretty sure I'm gay and I've known for a while now and... I was so nervous but everyone was smiling and afterwards everyone gave me huge hugs (*hug*) and one of the girls (who I've been crushing on for forever) whispered to me "I'm bi and I would so totally date you!" I was ecstatic!

So far nothing has actually happened between us, but we're young and I'm not sure if anything actually will.

Well, that's my story! Not super exciting, but it is to me!

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Awesome story! Coming out is such a liberating feeling! :thumbsup:

3. LD579

Wow... That's quite interesting. It's great your friends all accepted you. Congratulations, and cheers =)

4. Batman is swag

Awwwwwwwwwwww congrats!!!!!! I'm SO SO SO SOOOOO happy for you!!!!! That is such a beautiful story! =))) Lots of love!