1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It happened again! (In the most unexpected way possible)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by flight, Jul 24, 2013.

1. flight

So my friend and I were talking on Facebook, and I just did a huge book run and asked if she wanted to borrow some books. I gave her a list and was hesitant to add this one.

"Openly Straight" by Bill Konigsberg (It's about a kid who wants to go back in the closet. I haven't read it yet so don't judge on my book choice. I love being gay.)

So she goes through the list and goes, I want to read this book. I told her I was surprised. She goes "Anything with gay rights, I want to read it." OMG OMG.

I asked if she was for it or against it since her family is religious. She goes "Of course I am for it didn't I tell you that?" Okay, that got lost in the description of her Mom on the topic of gay people.

So we have this full on conversation about how she's the only one for it in her household and how she's debating our side with her Mom and sisters. It's freaking amazing. And I told her about the things happening with Prop 8 and DOMA and shared some YouTube videos with her.

I said "Want to hear something interesting?"

She goes "Sure?"

"Guess"

It goes back and forth and she tell me she has something in mind, but doesn't want to say it. She finally goes "Screw it. Are you gay?"

Why yes i am.

She told me she's been meaning to ask me for a while and I said that I feel like I should have done this in person. And she goes yeah, and now she wants to talk in a few days.

She told me that I'm "Still her awesome friend."

So yeah, I just came out to a girl that everyone felt like I had a crush on, which in Grade 3 I did. I just found out that she's a part of the school GSA and a huge Gay rights activist in her family. And she's the first person who attends my school and knows.

Well... SO FREAKING HAPPY. I love coming out of the closet on the spur of a moment.

2. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations Dude! You're Friend seems awesome!

3. Sayu

Congratulations! She seems to be really great! :slight_smile: