1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Break out from prison

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SpikySpice, Feb 4, 2007.

1. SpikySpice

One day, my sister accidently found some gay pictures under my desk, and she was going crazy. She was not mad, and she cried, this was not the first time she saw those pix.
    So she spent a whole week to talk to me about my sexuality. She wanted me to change. She said who I am is horrible and said I have to become some one else. I didn't agree what she said, because that's the way I am and besides, I like to be the way I am, nothing to be ashame about it , and, must admit, have to be proud about it.
    My sister was not the only one. My dad aslso did. But he didn't talk about it because he wanted me to change without him talking about it. And I felt so horrible. I already explained to my sis that I was born this way, and God wanted me the way I am. I didn't choose who to be. Sometimes I really feel bad about myself, I don't talk about suicide, but, you know, always run away from the true.
    Then days go by, I reallize that I have to face it. So I just keep doing things I like to do, just to feel satistfied and I feel stronger. I used to tell her about a guy in my school, I called him a "her", but now I say his real name straight out without embarrassed. I told her I had a crush on him, and I really like him. I feel good about what I said and , I feel proud, too.:icon_bigg

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Carrying on doing the things you normally do after breaking the news is always a good idea, I think. It illustrates that you have not really changed as a person. You are who you always were, it's just that they now know more about you.

Family sometimes fear that you will become one of those stereotypes. By continuing to be yourself you show that you aren't. Of course you are yourself but with a new honesty so can cay "he" instead of "she"

How are things with your sister and dad now? Are they coming around now?

3. SpikySpice

Well, my sis already get used to the way I talk about that guy, she doen'st tell me that I have to do this or do that, but she listenand said "you still meet that guy?'. That's all. She 's easier now.
    Poeple have to get used to the way I am , because I sometimes have to get use to the way they are, too, right?
    And my dd, well, not talking about it, but I hope I won't let anybody see my private things again.
    Everybody still loves me alot.