1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Aaldaj, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Aaldaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today June 31st 2013 I came out to my mom she was calmed and understood everything very well, she actually asked me if I was gay and I had to say yes! She said she kinda feels sorry for me but I told her everything was ok! In conclusion she was very comprehensive with me the problem is me I feel so ashamed and worthless and an embarrassment for my family, I don't know if that how I should feel I thought I would feel a sensation of relief but instead, but it was the opposite please give me advices I can't even look at my mom without feeling ashamed even though she's cool with it!:slight_smile: (&&&)

2. Wildwings

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all congratulations for you courage to come out! you done better then me. You should not feel ashamed but I understand you can't help how you feel I can't imagine my parents reactions if I told them and I am 26. At least you mother is ok with it thats the main thing and I am glad it worked out for you other then feeling ashamed around her I honestly don't think you should feel ashamed if she ok with it but I know it is how you feel and it can't be helped.

3. Aaldaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks that really helped! :slight_smile:

4. enigmeow

Internalized homophobia can take a life time to over come .. Shame is natural at first

But hopefully soon you will see that you are far more free then the straight people around you