1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have Arrived !!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by s5m1, May 10, 2008.

1. s5m1

For those who read my last thread, you know that I was struggling internally with being gay. It was really hard for me for a long time and then I found EC. All of your responses to my thread helped me immensely. I cannot tell you how much your advice and friendship meant to me and how much it helped me get through that tough period. After my last thread, I also received a number of PM’s from some EC members who offered me advice on a very personal level. Each of you knows who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. There was also one very special member of EC – an Aussie – who I have been talking to online since then, whose friendship and support really led me to where I am today.

I feel like I have been liberated from the chains that have repressed who I really am for my entire life. I have accepted that I am gay and am now actually enjoying it. Thanks to your help, I was able to meet a guy in town. I would not have had the courage to do so without your help. It is hard for me to describe how liberating it was for me to sleep with him and experience things I had only fantasized about for my entire life. It felt so natural and right. I am gay.

I still am not out to the world, but I am not worried about that now. I will come out when I want and to whom I want, when I am ready. Jim, I will always remember the words of the passage you posted in response to my thread, and I am not worrying about tomorrow or yesterday.

Thank you to all.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

That's really great that all the responses helped you and that you have started being yourself. Congratulations!

3. Gumtree

Heya s5m1, I can't say that I was someone that offered you counsel but your post still managed to make me shed a tear :slight_smile:

I thank you as well, and I'm sure others do, from the bottom of our hearts; just for posting this. Many of the people here help the EC members out of kindness and never expect anything in return, but this kind of appreciation and acknowledgment can really mean so much to some people.

I hope this can encourage more people to reach out for help!

There is nothing to lose from asking for help, and there are so many people here willing to talk to you about absolutely anything, no matter how big, small or even if it's nothing. :slight_smile:

*hug*