1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I finally did it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by swimmertriangle, Aug 3, 2013.

1. swimmertriangle

I just recently came out to my older sister and it honestly could not have been better. We were eating at this popular restaurant in downtown Tokyo, about twenty minutes away from home. I can't remember what we were talking about, but the subject of relationships came up. I actually wasn't planning on telling her, but I figured "why not?"
    I said "(Insert sister's name here), what if I wasn't interested in girls?"
    And she said that it was fine and then I almost started crying and all of the rest and the questions started and everything. It was a really good dinner.
    My point is, I thought that she wasn't going to talk to me or accept me, but she did. A few days later I told my three best friends and they took it the same way, with open arms. I couldn't be feeling better at this point, and even though I'm not telling anyone else until I move back to the states I'm glad I told a few people. :slight_smile:

2. Englishlad

I am so pleased for you. :slight_smile:

3. LD579

I'm very happy to hear this. It's great that you were accepted by them all =) On another note, cheers to you! You took several large steps and, as you know, that took enviable courage.

4. nartleb

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    your story is encouraging me! I myself am 16 and still haven't tolled anyone other than my teacher. Recently Ive been thinking about telling my only older sister.. but its scary to think how she'll react to it. I know she's ok with LGBT people but I still have my doubts about her truly accepting me

5. FucSoc

FucSoc Guest

congratz! it's good to know that you have such an amazing friends and family

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to sister and your friends! There are times when we think that the reaction won't be positive, only to be surprised and receiving support. Well done! :slight_smile:

7. swimmertriangle

Thanks everyone. It did take a lot of courage and there was a very big pause before I finally said it.
    nartleb, I know how you feel. If you know she loves and supports you then you shouldn't have a problem at all :slight_smile:

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_clap (*hug*)

9. George

That's wonderful, congratulations :slight_smile: It sure is great having even just a few people know, and getting positive reactions like that really helps build the confidence to come out to others.