1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my second friend last night!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Anomander, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok so I came out to my best friend over a month ago. After his acceptance a few weeks later I confronted him on his mixed signals. Everything went fine but since then I felt like I was slowly crawling back into the closet. Its been a good month since my first "step out" and I have let quite a few good chances of telling some of my close friends go out the window. I started to feel the same way about telling anyone new as I did before I came out to my best friend. In short the acceptance "high" was gone. So last night I forced myself to tell one of my closets friends. He was over and I battled with myself the whole night about telling him. Finally, after he left I sent him a text. It took my like 10 minutes of stating at it and my stomach was in knots but I did it!

Here is how it went:

Me: Hey dude. I've been meaning to tell you something for awhile and its really hard for me to say it in person, Your one of my closets friends so I want you to know something about me. The only other person that I've told is ___ and that was just a few weeks ago so please don't tell anyone else. I'm not ready for a bunch of people to know. SO here we go.. ___, I'm gay. I am still the same guy you have been friends with for years but if you don't want to be friends anymore just let me know. I understand.

(I fell asleep somehow he sent this a few hours later)

Him: Hey, I just saw this now and hope this dose not wake you up, but I want you to know that this doesn't chance anything between us. You are like a brother to me and you always will be so of course I want to still be friends. And Ill be there here for you no matter what. I wont tell anybody but just remember I got your back now and forever.

It went on a little bit more back and forth but I just wanted to share. I am feeling pretty good right now. Out to my two closest friends. (!)

2. Nick07

congratulations! :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's wonderful that your friend is supportive and there for you! :slight_smile:

4. LD579

I'm glad to hear this. Your friend is great for reacting that way. But you also deserve some praise =) It took a lot of courage to be able to do that. Cheers to you.

5. Sardonic

Nice work man! You're moving in the right direction :slight_smile:

6. pippi

Way to go!!