1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a lot of help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dancingqueen79, May 13, 2008.

1. dancingqueen79

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am gay....I've told some friends and hinted at all these years I mean, the signs are there. I skip, I sing showtunes, I stare at the boys....out of the corner of my eye....while they change....as stereotypical as it sounds I catch myself with a loose wrist. I tried to tell a few more friends, but they thought I was kidding, I say things like "Robert Pattinson is HOT!" etc.... I'm 14 and I'm still in the closet...to my parents, I think my mom is guessing at it, because she asks me if girls excite me, do I have a girlfriend....she's not homophobic neither is my dad but my sister is. I'm Catholic and scared. I just want some help with getting the message out there that I'm gay. Sometimes it comes as a shock to me..."holy crud, I'm gay?" but I've come to accept it. How should I tell my parents and friends, I want to tell them like I have these urges to go out and tell them but then I say "I'll wait". I know I rambled but that is my sistuation, I tried on YA but no help...who has some advice

2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I couldn't tell my mom at first, but then I turned off the TV and had her full attention. Catch them when they are singled out and watching tv. Turn off the tv - you could hand them a note at this point, because saying "I'm gay" is still hard. If you do decide to write a note it should say "I'm gay, let's talk". If you were to hold it in your hand the whole time then after you turned off the tv they would inquire about the note or you could just hand it to them. Basically kinda trap yourself into giving the note or just plain telling them, they'll be weirded out that you turned off the tv and ask questions, opening the floor for you to tell them. Then just sit back and talk to them about it :slight_smile:

Basically put, its way easier to hit the power button on the tv remote than it is to say "I'm Gay". Even after you turn off the tv you really don't need to say much, just kinda stare at them and look super nervous. They might get it anyways :slight_smile:

Good Luck!

#2 Nicvcer, May 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  3. Fenix

>.>

Uh, not sure if this is the best advice but...

What I did was just say I was gay on myspace XD I thought, "hm what's the quickest, least painful way to tell as many people that I'm gay as possible without having to speak?"... yup.

I requested my friends, my mother *found* it, and that was that. No hassle, nobody hates me, whatever. And it was easier than saying it over and over to people... although at this moment I can pretty much tell anyone regardless of who they are.

But...

If that doesn't sound appealing, I wish you luck in whatever you happen to do?

[There is, of course, the ever-popular "Hey everyone! I'm gay :grin:" you could do...]

4. theaterfreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    that's some good advice. i have some awesome friends and they all know. but i feel bad that i haven't said anything to my mom or dad.