1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to more friends + FACEBOOK OFFICIAL

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Holly, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Holly

So yeah, last night was my birthday party :slight_smile: While (slightly) tipsy, I was talking with my friend, we'll call her A, about how she was shocked when I came out to her. This was subsequently overheard by 2 of my friends, who I'd been meaning to tell. They were like 'what? as in coming out, coming out?' and I just replied 'yes, i'm gay and spurt rainbows' They laughed and were totally cool with it, and it made one of them come out to everyone else in return as a lesbian, so that was awesome for her aswell...

Further on in the night, we were playing 'I never'. Two guys who I'm relatively good friends with still didn't know, and I knew the same friend, A, from earlier was going to try get me to drink loads. So she went 'Never have I ever come out to a friend randomly while walking to school'. Alas, I took a drink, and then just went to the guys, 'Yeah, I like the ladies'. Surprisingly, one of them actually guessed, from a massive argument thing a while back that was on the subject with another friend. So yeah, 4 more people know, and they were like the last on my 'list' to know.

And then this morning, I decided I might as well make it Facebook official. I know that most of my friends on there know already, so it's cool :slight_smile: I doubt anyone will look because I'm not going to make a post about it, but if they do, good for them. It will be interesting to see if I get any replies :slight_smile:

2. Batman is swag

Congratulations Holly! I'm so happy for you! =) This is deserving of a dancing banana party...

3. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)
    Banana party! Good on you :slight_smile: :thumbsup: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulationsssssssssss! That's brilliant! :grin::grin:

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thats fun, not dramatic and not underwhelming either. Congrats!

6. Data

Data Guest

Wow! Very relaxed and joyful! Sounds like a very, very positive experience!

If your friends already know and are accepting, I say give Facebook confirmation a shot! :slight_smile: That was the last thing I did after coming out to all my family and close friends. It kinda tied up any loose ends that existed in the form of several HS friends and a few other people who I had met as a result of parties and meets with several close friends.

Congrats! (*hug*)

7. Amerigo

best wishes! :newcolor:

---------- Post added 18th Aug 2013 at 11:17 AM ----------

^ best wishes sounds really odd in this context, but the thought is there :slight_smile:

8. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Congralutations! That is great news ! Bananas!!!!

9. avignon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cool! I wish I could come out in Facebook too, but I'm still too scared to do it. Anyway, good job with telling your friends and good luck with Facebook! :grin:

10. Holly

Well, so far no comments. After making my cryptic post of, 'Well, it's Facebook official now', I think people noticed. My friends who already knew all clearly understood. I was vague kind of on purpose. The idea of 'Facebook officiality' is generally concerned with relationships. However, the 'Relationship Status' information is right above the 'Interested In' information in the 'About Me' page. So anyone being nosy thinking I've started dating someone would most likely see it. Alas, I don't have many friends on Facebook, so I doubt it will make much of a difference when I go bak to school. But still, it's another step.

Next hurdle is asking my parents if I can buy a pride bracelet, and being more open about it at school...

11. DerpyLittleMe12

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Its a big step to go facebook offical, a step i wish i could make lol

12. Ticklish Fish

Congratulations!

13. Ohhai

well done! xxx

14. srslywtf

yay :slight_smile: I changed my facebook a couple weeks ago, nobody has noticed yet.

I came out to 4 or 5 people over the past week.. only half on purpose, but nonetheless...!

15. Going Facebook Official is like headlining WrestleMania these days! Well done! I'll get to headline WrestleMania facebook style one day... lol