1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somewhat got outed, but a pretty good response.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anthonythegamer, Aug 12, 2013.

1. As most of you guys now, I'm out to pretty much everybody except my parents. When I mean everybody except my parents, I mean everybody that's in my age group and my sister and her bf. My friend's parents ended up finding out when I was at her house about last week.

I was wearing my GSA shirt to my friend's house because I didn't have anything else to wear. I was hoping that they wouldn't suspect anything because even though her parents emigrated from Mexico when they were in their early teens, they are devout Catholics so I was a bit scared. The day went by as normal and while she was helping my mom get something, her mom asked if I was gay since I wore a GSA shirt, I never dated, and I'm a big fan of Adam Lambert (her mom watches American Idol). I overheard the entire conversation (it wasn't that big of a house) and she ended up telling me that she outed me and she was sorry.

I pretty much had a blank expression and I was like,"It's alright........" Her mom ended up inviting me for dinner even though I couldn't stay. I took that as a good sign. After I went home, I asked my friend on facebook on how her mom reacted. She told me her mom was perfectly fine. Her dad ended up finding out, but she told me it wasn't a big deal. Her dad was glad that I'm not gonna be dating his daughter LOL

So yeah, that adds two more people on my "Came out" list LOL

2. Munyal

Good for you, sort of.

3. Well, I'm fine with it now. At least it wasn't my parents.

4. Ticklish Fish

Congrats!

You had me at "Her dad was glad that I'm not gonna be dating his daughter LOL"

5. BIloverboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    After reading that inspiring story i need help in coming out

6. Lol, congrats!

7. letzdance109

letzdance109 Guest

Oh isn't it great how some things work out??? Haha, but good for you! I kinda had a situation like that before...my friends invited me to her house, and right when I walked in, she introduced me to her parents and just outed me then and there. I was just looking at her like :eek: and her parents were silent for a moment, then her dad just laughed and said, "Well, at least I don't have to kill him!" So yeah, fun times :grin:

8. Data

Data Guest

I never really think it's a good thing when someone outs you without your permission, but at least she came to you and fessed up and apologized. Very happy to hear that they took it well. As the father said, at least they don't have to worry about you dating their daughter! It is pretty good news when you look at it from that perspective! I would also look at the dinner invite as a good sign. If the mother was happy and seemed to be inviting you on her own accord, I would consider it a genuine gesture and not just a polite motion that she was extending to her daughter's friend. Well congrats on adding to your list! A step in the right direction for sure!

9. RoguesWolfe

At least it didn't go bad! It's kinda odd how my mom already knew, she had told me back when I was 13 " You know I always knew you were gay ever since you were a small child." I kept asking how would she know that..but she only gives one answer " I just knew." -_-...I still ask her that question. Dad...yeah he knows but acts like I'm his straight daughter who just hasn't found the right guy yet.

10. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm glad it worked out well, congrats!