1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

one best friend outed me to my other best friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lexi, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I know outing is usually frowned upon, but i was hanging out with my two best friends, and made my guy friend talk to my girl friend because they had a fight. then:

Guy Friend: So, now would be a good time to tell her. you totally should. since i just talked to her.

Girl Friend: Oh, are you a lesbian? its okay, you can come out of the closet!

Me: *nervous laugh*

Guy Friend: Well.. now that that’s out of the way…

Girl Friend: Wait, what? was I right?!

Me: *nervous smile*

Girl Friend: Are you a lesbian?! i’m confused!

Me: Well, im kinda both.

Girl Friend: Oh, like bisexual? I can live with that.

Me: *sigh of relief* oh good.

Girl Friend: Wait, before this gets confusing, I am straight.

Me: I know, before it gets confusing, I do NOT have a crush on you!

Girl Friend: oh good. so who do you have a crush on? Like, Jennifer Lawrence?

Me: YES!

Girl Friend: yep, if Jennifer Lawrence asked my to i'd go gay for her :wink:

and now its all good between the three of us :grin:

2. KnownSecret

I had one of my friends out me to another friend that I had and it really didn't make me mad because she was a good person! She has been really nice to me since she learned about me being gay and we even talk about stuff every so often xD When we were in the car driving and my friend kinda outed me without even paying attention I was like "WTF, lol" but looking at the girl after she outed me it didn't seem to phase her a bit xD Congrats on having a good experience on being outed to a friend! I hope everything else down the road is good as well!

3. Fiddledeedee

Glad this outing was a positive one! The bit about Jennifer Lawrence was great.

4. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Yay, I like it when these sorts of things go well! Congrats! :slight_smile:

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Id be pretty mad at getting outed by anyone, but the way you handled it was a lot better than i couldve, congrats, its cool with both of them!

And they all lived happily ever after?

6. ItalianBlueEyes

Probably the best coming-out moment of the week...
    Jennifer Lawrence crushes: something even straight girls can understand.

7. Data

Data Guest

I'm very happy you weren't upset by it.

Seems like your guy friend didn't have any malevolent intentions in outing you. I'm sure he wouldn't have done it if he had any suspicion that the girl friend would take it badly.

I'm curious, when she said "I can live with that" did she mean that she could live with bisexuality but not lesbianism? Or did she mean it in a way as to say "that's cool". Since language is intonational in nature, it is difficult to ascertain the answer simply from the written text.

Tick another person off your list!