1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Um-there's really something so wonderful?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Matthaiastheman, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About me coming out...well,I feel like i've always been somewhat atttracted to girls,you know-the friend that stares at the other friends boobs-but when I was little i'd never heard the word 'lesbian'.I had typical crushes on boys but never dated longer than one day.I kinda didn't get it.I wanted to hang around them and be like them,but eventually i'd get called a slut.The past three years it's been the most prominent.My first big crush on a girl was in 6th grade,but I ended up fighting her friend because I went up to her and asked her why she didn't like me.The next year I was pretty much hiding,then had a drastic change.I began working out,dressing different and actually finding real guy friends.I created an ego called Matthaias,who stars in the novel i've been writing since then.He's every thing I want to be-careless of other's opinions,strong,intelligent;the typical dude.I actually started dating-my first girlfriend (Liz) since the 26th of April.I'm shy around her mostly,but I express myself with lots of poetry.at first I knew nothing about her,but then I got her # and had a satisfying conversation with her-only a lil phone sex..Not.We get along well now,but I still don't know how to act around her.Like a boyfriend.Liz is bi,and sometimes that annoys me.I usually go to my 2 gay friends, who are helpful.My mom started suspecting my sexuality when I started talking about her,and now i'm at the edge of coming out to her.I was visiting an old friend,who asked me if I had a guy.No.He asked me if I had a girlfriend,and I could'nt contain my embarassment.Later my mom asked me about the guys I know,and if I was going out with any of them.No.My dad is clueless on the topic,and a very bible thumping' ex-minister.Please help..:bang: :help:​

#1 Matthaiastheman, May 16, 2008
    Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. DudeBroItsChris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well Matthaias; As your friend I say, be who you want to be and let no-one change who you want to be. Like who you want to like; Dress the way you want to dress. Be who you are don't change for others.

Come clean and express yourself to you parents.

BFF Christopher

3. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanx.I think I should wait untill things settle down in my house because I think that if anything else happened that was major it would get worse.And now my dad is trying to scare me me by reading passages from the bible about sinners.It's a wonderful world,ain't it?

4. Leigh

Leigh Guest

oh its bloody brilliant!

you could ask beckyg for some PFLAG stuff to give to your folks ??

5. Trumpetplyer23

Ooh, that's not a good sign. I think it is important that you come out to them, eventually, it doesn't have to be right now, there's no big rush.

Is your mother more accepting than your dad? If so, then tell her and ask her not to tell your dad. That's how I did before I came out to my dad.

As for the Bible stuff, I know its hard, but just ignore it. If people want to distort a message of love into a message of hate, just let them, but don't be part of it.

6. darkestknight

Personally, don't rush for it. Let it come naturally. Btw, i accidently came out, but it was a rough one for my ma!

Hmn... I never read a Bible. Or you can say, I'm not even a Christian. I'm a... not binded to any organized religion. Or well you can say that I'm partially a Buddhist, or a Taoist. :grin:

7. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did it yesterday on my dad's birthday!It just burst out and he didn't approve.He put his head in his hands and I was still talking,saying that i'd still be the same person and all that.I went into my room,shut of the lights and listened to Cerveris on full blast.:icon_sad: Then I didn't wake up this mornig so my mom drove me to school and she said that being gay was a fad at my school.I told her it wasn't,then told her I was a lesbian and she said stuff like "that isn't you" and "stop hanging around those people" :tantrum: Then we didn't talk.When I got to school I was crying,and I asked the gym teach to see the counselor,of whom i'd never talked to.She was very nice and said that I should try to get them to understand.She let Liz (girlfriend) come down and I told her,then I went to her social studies instead of me going to lunch and being aroun the f-ing homophobes.I'm in a way bettter mood now though.:thumbsup:

#7 Matthaiastheman, May 20, 2008
    Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. Trumpetplyer23

Your parents are going through the denial stage, basically they think "There's no way my kid is gay...", etc. Eventually, they'll come to grips with the fact. Maybe Becky can send you some PFLAG stuff to educate your parents. Anyways, good luck! And congrats on coming out to your parents, even if it is hard right now.

9. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who is Becky?I think i'd be interested in PFLAG.

11. Trumpetplyer23

Becky is a member on this site, she's kind of like the 'mom' figure, so to speak. Her screenname is beckyg. Go to the members list and search for her name, then find her profile. From there you should be able to PM (Private message) her about the PFLAG stuff.

12. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I would be happy to send PFLAG materials. You can go to the website too and check it out. www.pflag.org PFLAG is a National organization with chapters all over the United States as well as some in chapters in other countries who provide support, educate and advocate on behalf of our gay, lesbian, and bisexual, and transgender family members. We have educational materials that we give to parents to help them through this. PFLAG meetings are open to all including GLBT people you can check the National website to see if there is a chapter near you. Please PM me with your address if you would like me to send the materials.

13. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks,I'm gonna go there later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.