1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BookWorm, May 16, 2008.

1. BookWorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, i know it probably sounds really cheesy, but i'm writing a paper for my english class and i'm doing it on parents reactions to the sons/daughters coming out as LGBT people and how they dealt with it. So if you could say how you're parents reacted, or if you're a parent of an LGBT child it would be great to hear.
    Please and Thank you.(*hug*)

2. Astaroth

http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6896

That is my the thread I wrote the day I came out to my parents. It's kind of long, but then again it is probably one of the most important moments in my life, so I figure I had a little freedom to be wordy for once! :icon_bigg

3. BookWorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Many thanks Astaroth(*hug*)

4. JSG

JSG Guest

5. xxxDEZxxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mom grounded me for like a week or so.
    I had been told its not right....that what i was doing was wrong...
    she told some people in my family....
    and i was told the same thing of the fact what i was doing was wrong..and stuff like that
    and i got very restricted for wen people slept over..cuz yea at the time they found out i had a girlfriend and yea for atleast a month and a half we were only allowed to see each other at school. but after that then my mom started letting me have her over again..but we had to sleep in the living room....
    me and my ex-girlfriend(current girlfriend at the time) both got kicked out of my house in the cold for a little wail.

my mom now seems a little better with it now though and adjusting and all but yea....
    my mom with telling my family i still deal with shit about it..like some of my family doesnt no and all but yea i listen to people putting down LGBT goups and stuff like that by my family
    btw my family is a christain/luther or w/e family.

i beleive i covered all of what happened...i think..

6. eclipse

eclipse Guest

Well, when I first told my mom, it was during a very heated argument, so not the best of circumstances. But anyway, she FLIPPED. Ran away from me to her room, slammed the door shut and wailed for a solid half hour. Of course, I didn't know how to react myself since I was not expecting that reaction at all. I could hear her cursing my friends and school, saying how I've been corrupted and that she would "take me to see someone." To this day I have yet to figure out what that meant exactly. But after a couple of hours she eventually calmed down and embraced me with a hug and said "I will always love you, no matter what."

We really haven't talked much about it since then. Just an occasional comment here and there.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother didn't really seem to care. She said something along the lines of "everything will work itself out".