1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by BookWorm, May 16, 2008.

1. BookWorm

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, i have no idea how to come out to my friends, i told some and i didn't relaly know how to then and it was all awkuard and weird and ihad an idea where (for my english class) i'm writing something about me, and we have to present it to the class i want to know what you think, suggestions. i'll have it posted here soon, i just have to type it out really. please. suggestions

2. whiterosebeka

the way i did it was told one of my friends (the loudmouth of the group and knew she would accept me), who which in turn told everyone else. easy as can be lol.

3. Jonamo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're going to write something for your English class and present it make sure what you say has been rehearsed and is able to be presented very well. It may be difficult to present it to the entire class. If it's for a grade, I would talk to the teacher beforehand and explain that this is something that is part of you and it may be difficult to present; that way they will be expecting it as well as may grade you in a more favorable fashion because they'll understand the extra stress behind it.

4. ilovedogs9

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you plan on presenting something to your English class you have to make sure you are ready to let the entire class know something like this. You also have to know that some people might not react positively, mainly people who aren't your friends. I agree with Jonamo, you may want to let your English teacher know first so that you have at least someone there backing you up and they won't be as shocked when you announce it.

As for suggestions, the first person I came out to happened to be my boyfriend, which was very awkward, but I knew he would be okay with it. In fact, he played a huge role in getting me together with the girl I like. You have to be comfortable enough with yourself and letting out your secret, otherwise you may not be ready to force it out. When you feel you really want to tell people, then start with the friends who you know will be supportive of you and be okay with it. If you're nervous about telling more friends, ask them to either be there with you or simply pass it on.

If you're wondering how exactly to tell someone, you could just be blunt and say, "Hey, I'm gay." Or you could casually bring it up in a conversation, whenever you think it would fit in. Whatever you do, don't make a big deal out of it. If you seem insecure or dramatic about it, they're not going to know how to react.

#4 ilovedogs9, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011