1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Finally did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by masseffectfan21, Aug 20, 2013.

1. masseffectfan21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A couple of days ago I finally came out to my brother. He was okay about it. He said its something to get used to, but told me as long as I'm happy. It feels so good to have the weight of my shoulder. He's interested in meeting my boyfriend, and want him to be part of the family now. Its just a freakin blessing how my brother once was homophobic to be really accepting... man I feel so lucky. My brother then told the rest of the family, but I didn't mind. I know my brother has my back no matter what.

An just want to throw this out there to anybody trying to come out the closet. Just do it, but make sure you're at your strongest point. Come out when you have something good for yourself so you're not at your weakest(You either been accepted to a school, in a relationship, or preordered a damn PlayStation 4 lol whatever). Trust me when you're finally out, it will not be a burden.(!)

2. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amen to that. Slowly working my way out, and I agree that telling people is not something that you do when you are feeling weak. Being gay isn't something to meekly apologize for. I have learned a lot here and have a long way to go, but it seems like coming out to people is not about asking THEM for acceptance--it's about accepting YOURSELF in front of them, and giving them the option to deal with it as they see fit.

3. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So happy for you, every step out of the closet just makes life so much better. I think every time someone comes out of the closet there is a little less darkness in the world

4. jimL

Congratulations. You got an awesome brother.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride::thewave: