1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Written a letter to Mum :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Wardrobe93, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Wardrobe93

I'm going on holiday with friends tomorrow for a week and I thought this was the perfect time as I told myself I would come out before I went.

However I just cant say it face to face so I thought the letter was a good shout.

I'm gunna leave it in my room when we leave and go from there,

Wish me luck :slight_smile:

2. kresukun

Sounds like a nice idea, but be prepared for a phone call or something along those lines. I left a letter for my Mum and it went better than expected. And I do wish you the utmost luck. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. wittyusername

Good luck, hope it goes well!! :slight_smile:

4. Matty1994

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used a letter to tell my parents, left it in the kitchen after they went to bed so they'd get it in the morning because I couldn't tell them face to face. I remember waking up in the morning and I felt so nervous I was shaking, felt sick I was in a right state and laid in bed for hours pretending to be asleep until I finally got the courage to get up and talk to them. Just hope you don't feel like that on holiday probably best to talk over the phone or something when she reads it! Good luck.

5. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! I hope it goes well.

6. Holly

Part of me wished I had used a letter. I think my parents would understand my sexuality far better, as I know I didn't explain it very well through all the blubbing :L Good luck to you! I hope it goes well!

7. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can totally relate to your situation. I used a letter to come out to my parents and left it on my bed the morning I went away for a few days. Sure enough an hour later I got a barrage of phone calls and texts messages. But everything was fine. It allows you to get all your feelings out on paper and avoid the awkwardness of telling them face to face. Also, it will allow your parents to digest the information and let them think about how they're going to respond.

Don't worry too much, everything will be fine. Enjoy your holiday and I hope everything goes well for you :slight_smile:

8. Ohhai

Good luck xxx

9. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh I'm so jealous! Good luck to you!:slight_smile:

10. Mysz

Wow! Good luck mate!

11. lovely lesbian

Good luck xxx

12. JessicaWolfess

Wish I came out that way. Anyway good luck. Expect texts, emails and phone calls

13. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did a letter. It went better thean expected...the first night and after that it went all downhill. Be prepared for the question: "Why couldn't you tell me face-to-face?" I got that and, because I did it through a letter, they think I'm not sure.
    Be prepared for a profound amount of texts
    Good luck :slight_smile:

14. Wardrobe93

I'm back, Right I didn't have the courage to leave the letter in completely plain sight. I left it on my bed in a note book. when I go away my mum normally likes to sort out my room (as I'm quite messy and I thought she'd pick it up and it would fall out)

Turned out she didn't bloody go in my room! but when I saw it I his it under my bed.

Also, when I was away in Malia (Europeans will know) I got smashed a lot :slight_smile: and I got with some girls (just snogging). I mean I was horny but that was it theres no lust. This doubt is I think whats keeping me from growing some balls and saying it. But I think I might be mistaking doubt for fear of change. And ive said it before, I'm petrified of the change, I'm not going to be hated or really treated much different but I just feel shit.

I had a great holiday but what depressed me was all these guys that were hot and were either straight or in denial, the traditional homophobia nothing really nasty but it just made me think aaaaaarrghhh. the only gay guy there was just too camp for me and miserable and just a dick, Obviously people should be who they want ad I would never judge I'm merely showing my preference.

Then I see pics of recent weddiings that everyones so happy for and it looks so great and I cant imagine people being the same about two guys. I watch or listen to Macklemores Same Love all the time to try and reassure myself.

Anyway just so much going on in my head feel like I'm back at square one :frowning2:

sorry its all random and thanks for the previous support and advice!

#14 Wardrobe93, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013