1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to stepdad-2nd family member

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by yidnah87, Aug 29, 2013.

1. yidnah87

I finally did it, 3 months after my mom. I knew it would be ok with him, as him and I have similar views when it comes to religion, marriage equality, and many other social issues. I started a conversation about the Chick-Fil-A about to open near us, and how I don't plan on eating there due to their CEO's anti-marriage equality views. He agreed that its ridiculous how so many religious people hate gays and how it's unfortunate that gay people tend to have to "hide" because of certain people in our society. I then went on to say that I was bisexual. He said it's good that I was becoming comfortable with that and was supportive. I then found out a couple of interesting things. He had never known anyone who was bi, though he had known gay, lesbian, and trans people at one point or another. I'm glad to be the one who rounded out the "LGBT" acronym for him. Also, he said he now knew two LGBT people in his family. He of course wouldn't say who it is and I didn't want to ask. But I have company I guess.

2. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad that went well! I found that it felt so good to get the facts out in the open with each family member - so good luck for the future.

3. Batman is swag

That's great!!!!!! But ugghhhhh now I want to know who it is...:slight_smile: Keep us posted, and best of luck!