1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story: A tale of fear and prejudice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Momosboy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Momosboy

It had been nearly 9 months ago, December-January 2012. The apocalypse didn't happen... or so I thought. Momo and I, we'd literally just started dating, and I was joyful. Unfortunately, when I'm happy, oftentimes, I let my guard down, and disappointment always occurs. This time was no better.

Momo had gone on a vacation in Florida with his family, and I was still here. No, he's not a dick! Let me explain.

Momo lives in the States, and I in Canada. We've exchanged photos, and said lovey-dovey stuff to each other. Yes, it is a perfect relationship... Until my parents found out.

My parents are VERY homophobic, as was I before Momo, but... they won't change. They're in the school of thought that goes, "It's in the Bible, I believe it".

I kept it a secret for a while, but then I had my phone taken away. I texted Momo on that! My mom was the first to find out.

My family and I had a big fight. They waxed religion all the time we fought, and also, "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!".

Now, bear with me. I love my parents, but they were wrong. So, they devised a test. However, unbeknownst to me, until nearly 4 months ago, Momo had HIS phone taken away, as well.

My parents broke us up. It was terrible. I was miserable, once again. I couldn't understand it. Were they right? Did he really not love me?

I hated myself. Sure, I LOOKED happy on the outside, but I wanted to die. I gave up the only person I ever truly loved. My parents had won. I would be a good boy, and be a robot, meant only to sire children with a woman, then repeat the cycle ad infinitum. That is, until May 6, 2013.

I had been shot down by a girl yet again, and I went online to watch some reviews. On a whim, I booted up my Skype, and I saw him, my Momo. He was on today?

Suddenly, a wave of emotion surged around me. Rage, anger, fear, love, pity, I felt it all. And then... I started to type.

I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault.

Long story short, we got back together, and will soon have our 4-month anniversary.

That's my story. Fear and prejudice on one side, love and tolerance on the other. What will win in the end? My money's on love..

2. Waffles

This sounds like something you'd watch on, like, Lifetime or the Hallmark Channel. Regardless, I'm glad to see that you and Momo have means of still continuing a relationship and hope for the best. :3

Also, the #1 phrase I use to make people stop using the bible to judge things like this is: "Jesus didn't judge, so why should you?" That almost immediately renders them speechless. XD

3. Momosboy

You really think it's a movie? *laughs with you* Yeah, I'd watch it.

4. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, words cannot describe how speechless and pissed off I was as I read this, but I'm glad that you and Momo got back together, and I hope your relationship goes well from here on out. :slight_smile:

5. Momosboy

It has. We are so in love.

6. NEWFrontiers22

Sadly that kind of reaction is not all that uncommon among bible-thumpers, I'm glad that you were able to salvage your realtionship though, that's more than most people is similar situation's can expect.

7. Momosboy

Oh, it wasn't easy, I assure you! It was purely divine intervention, which I believe in, that caused it.