1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to most of my friends.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by srslywtf, Sep 1, 2013.

1. srslywtf

Well that was... ehhhh. It's good but it was not ideal.

First I came out to some lesbians I knew.. obviously because they would have a high level of understanding and so I had someone to talk to regardless of what else happened. They're lovely people in general :slight_smile: That couldn't have been easier. One of their friends asked me when I was over there, I told them, they accepted, the end! yay.

Then next I got busted checking out guys on my phone while I was out at a bar in the city feeling a bit bored.. those who know, know what I'm talking about. This guy is not a good friend although we're not close, we are very similar-minded people. He was super trustworthy, understanding and didn't tell a soul.

Next person I told was a close friend who always jokes with me about how much gay sex we have, going into graphic detail. it was always a kind of 'look how un-phased I am about this all, look how secure I am' kinda thing.. But then he told me that his girlfriend's gay roommate told him some stuff about gay sex that actually happened for real and he did feel weird about it :lol: I was surprised because I thought my friend, this one, would have been fine. So I decided to tell him I really am into guys, but at the same time trying to explain that I was only joking with him and aren't trying to send him secret signals or something. Although I reckon he is curious at least a bit... :grin:
    He has been the greatest so far. I think we're much better friends now than we were before, and unlike most guys he's not afraid to actually talk about real things openly, share emotions, etc. Which is kinda what I need because you know.. lesbians are almost as bad as men in that department :lol: (stereotyping I know...)

The next guy I told was this guy who is obsessed with hooking up with every girl on earth, I think. I told him because he keeps trying to get me to go trying to pick up girls with him :lol: I actually went not that long ago, just to test myself I suppose. Make sure I wasn't just confused. I wasn't.

When I told him he was out with a work friend of his, who had guessed I was gay already apparently, and my friend T... Which we'll cover last.

Next I tried to subtley come out to my housemate. I told him I have a date tomorrow, hoping he'd ask "is SHE hot?" so I could.. bring it up. But he just said "OK" haha!

L & A - these guys I used to work with are as open as it gets, they're both bisexual, or maybe bicurious I'm not sure about their experience level. But yeah, not close friends, just came up in conversation and I told them in the spirit of truth

P - P and I were out drinking with a few people last night. Toward the end when very very drunk, he asked me if I was a homosexual. My housemate was sitting at the table. I said yes. It went great, his radio-show-presenter-partner turns out to be gay too, so he has no qualms. My housemate knows now but it was not ideal, because we couldnt really discuss our thoughts at the time. Actually the reason P asked me is kind of funny - he works in a shop in town. One day in town I bumped into an old friend, but my phone battery was flat and I'd just got a new one so didn't know the number. I went into P's work and asked to borrow a pen & paper to write my old friends number down :lol: P thought I was getting his number like for a date hahaha.

OK Now back to T

T was fine about it that night he found out. He's not an intolerant person at any rate. He does like to think he knows better than everyone else.

Last night I was driving T & myself to a friends house and he comes out with (the first thing he's ever said with relation to my gayness really)

"Are you sure you're not just doing this because it seems like a fun thing to add to your personality or because you have recently become friends with your lesbian neighbours?"

:dry:

I didn't know what to say.. I just sat there stunned... Looking back I want to call him a fucking asshole and throw him out of the car.

and then of course comes the 'justify yourself' interrogation, which I also wanted no part of
    :bang:

Why are people this fucking stupid so fucking sure of themselves? I'm 27 FFS you think MAYBE in all that time I've done a little bit of questioning myself? Do you know what it's like to stare into your mother's eyes as she talks about how your future wife is going to wear her grandmother's wedding dress, and she's going to look after her future grandchildren, knowing there's a good chance she won't get either?

FUCK YOU!

Later in town he was being a selfish dickhead as well so I drove off without waiting for him (kept saying we're leaving, then wandering off somewhere, tlaking to a new girl, etc), and now he's all like "I'm gonna delete you off facebook you fucking dick" just because I didnt sit around waiting for him till 5am.. there was never any ride offered to him home that night.

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Congratulations on coming out to so many people, big step there ! T seems to be a complete idiot, i suggest you delete him from your facebook friends ! More seriously, if he doesn't accept you for who you are, then you don't need him in your life !

3. srslywtf

Thanks.. still waiting to hear what my roommate thinks.. he hasn't mentioned it since

4. rjrh20

Congratulations, you deserve better than T so don't worry about him.

5. wittyusername

Congratulations! That's great that most everyone took it so well. (!!) T sounds like an idiot who doesn't deserve your time. Hope all goes well with that.