1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same Love and the internet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Femme Fatale, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Femme Fatale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I planned for coming out for like a month or two and for those two months I was all weird and nervous all the time. I had already then decided that I was gonna come out through the internet, I just thought it was easier that way. But first I had to deal with my mom because I wanted her to be the first person to know, I didn't want her to find out about me from someone else then me. Honestly, I think she knew that I was gay already before I "told" her, but that doesn't matter now.
    So it was a normal weekday, I was about to go to bed and my mom was in my parents bedroom reading. I went there, took her cellphone and said: "I'm gonna show you a video, and hopefully, afterwards you will understand why that video means so much to me" I started the video on her phone, gave it to her and then walked away. I went to bed. The video I showed my mom was the musicvideo to Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' Same Love. As I deep down inside of me already knew she right away accepted the fact that her daughter wanted a princess, not a prince.
    About a week later I came out on the internet. I wrote a whole speach I think, a really awkward speach actually. In most of it I just talked about how nervous I was and then in the end I just added "I'm gay". All my friends accepted me right away, it was really heartwarming. I think some of them kinda knew aswell but they were really supportive telling me that I'm brave and that they're there for me. I even think some of them were happy to have a gay friend.
    Not that many people know that I'm gay, no one in my family except my parents know. I have never said out loud that I am a lesbian and I think I need to work on that. Honestly, I never wanted to come out, I just saw it as a necesity. People take for granted that aslong as you haven't come out you're straight and that's really stupid. People shouldn't be have to come out. I really hope that one day people won't be coming out anymore, they will just be falling in love.

2. Twinkletoes81xx

Hey,

I just had to say that I love that song and it means a lot to me too! I think you're very brave and hopefully one day coming out wont be a big deal anymore. Love is love. I just hope one day I'll be brave enough to come out. The best of luck for you! :slight_smile:

3. Femme Fatale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

I love it too! I cried the first five times I listened to it! That's very nice of you, thank you. Love is love, luck to you too :wink:

4. wittyusername

That is really brave! Good job, glad everyone was so accepting! (!)

5. Femme Fatale

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you :slight_smile: Yeah I'm glad too (!)