1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun day as a girl( on paper)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainDreamer, Sep 10, 2013.

1. RainDreamer

So here is a little fun story about a day I came to the hospital with my mother.
    We went to a local hospital for my health check up. I was dressing somewhat androgynously that day ( long sleeves t-shirt and skinny jeans). When we went over to make my profile, there was a section (the very first, infact) where it asked for my title (mr., ms., mrs., dr., that kind of thing). I refuse to put it down as Mr., but at the same time, I was too chicken to put it as Ms. And so I gave it blank, same with the sex section, as there was no " other" option, just m or f. The lady who checked the papers noticed that, however, and told me that I must fill it in. My mother ( who I already came out to and acepted me) asked if we can just leave it blank, but the lady insisted, politely. It was then my mother and her had a small talk as they waked away from where I sit. I did not know what my mom tells her, but when they came back, I was told that everything is ok and I can start my examination.

The health checkup began with xray. when I came to the xray room and told my name, the doctor just looked up my name on the computer, glanced at me, then tell me to go to the changing room to change to a hospital gown. Before I step in the room, however, he tossed me this line : " remember to take off your bra too, it interferes with the xray machine."

I had to ask him to repeat himself. And when he told me the same thing again, I thought, hmm, I must look pretty pasable for him to make that mistake, and I just smile and go on changing, thinking he would realize his mistake when he noticed I have no chest at all ( Q^Q ) He didn't say a thing when I came out, just order me to stand infront of the machine. And right before we started, he asked, "are you pregnant?"

I could not belive in my ears then, and made a " huh?" with as much disbelief i could muster. The doctor, still straight face, said "Protocol. We have to make sure female patients are not pregnant, as x ray may have adverse effects on pregnant women. So, are you?"
    " N-no, I am not," I replied, a bit dazed by happiness. When I returned to the changing room, I checked my body from head to toes to see if my mind just magically transferred to a world where my body was of a girl. I have always dream of it. Turn out I was still in the old body. A little bit disappointed, but amused nontheless, I went on with the rest of my examination. Most of them were nothing interesting, as most does'nt have differences in treating male/female patients. Although some of the doctors made very confused faces, such as the one doing ultrasound, where I have to be topless.Then I got to the blood testing stage.
    The nurse who was assigned to take my blood kept looking at me , then the label on the sample tube. She made a few pass before finally asked me" are you male or female?" when i questioned her for the reason of the sudden inquiry to my gender, she turned the label on the testing tube to me.

On it was my name...with Ms. before it! Apparently, for one reason or another, I was a girl on records. The nurse asked me again, and I conceded that , yes, i have the body of a male.
    She then told me that I should go fix my record ASAP for medical reasons. After the blood taking, I went back to the lady who processed my paper, and tell them what the nurse told me to do. The lady then suddenly apologize profusely, telling me it was a typo, and went away having a talk with my mother again. When my mother get back, she told me that, the lady thought I was a transexual, only that, she thought I was FtM instead of MtF! And of course, for medical reasons, she have to put in my biological sex, which she assumed to be female. Mystery solved. All the doctors were being polite and say nothing, and only that young nurse was tactless enough to ask.

I was quite sad then. I thought that I was actually passable, and the doctors made honest mistakes. And so I continue to my final part of the check up, urine test, with my moods down the loo. That is, until I got to the washroom, hand holding a bottle still labeled Ms. ( they haven't print new ones in time.)

As I prepared to enter the male washroom, a janitor walked out. He noticed my attempt to get in, and proceeded to...close the door. He then politely gestured to the opposite room, the ladies washroom. I was over joyed. This is a janitor, who have never seen me before, nor my record, and my hand was covering the entire label on the bottle I was holding. I actually look passable enough for a person to make such a mistake!

After a quick contemplation about going to the ladies washroom as offered, I chicken out and insist to go in the male washroom. The face of the jainator was one of extreme curiousity mixed with absolute confusion. I was almost suprised that he didn't look after me to see if I would use the urinal ( I didn't. I alwas go for the stall.)

And so ended a day in the hospital, living as a girl on paper. There were many confused people, and one happy, happy transgirl.

2. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds awesome! A little chaotic, but fun nonetheless (kinda disappointing the reason though). They should really have a gender non conforming/trans box :/.

3. Ohhai

4. Momosboy

Wow! Gives ME hope to be seen as a girl on paper someday!

5. theskywreck

That sounds like a lot of drama, but not the bad kind. :grin: