1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel so relieved!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainyViolinist, Sep 16, 2013.

1. RainyViolinist

Hiya!

If any of you have seen the relatively old thread of mine about coming out to my classmates, here's what happened.

So today, I had to go to an orthodontist appointment for about a quarter of the day, and when I got back to school, I had a very anxious feeling in my stomach throughout the day, anticipating my coming out. When it got to my premed period, I felt completely terrified about what was to come. We started off with other people's objects (if you didn't read my old thread, we had a project where we had to get 5 things that represent you) and I was one of the last few people that went up. I started out with my other objects first in order to prepare myself, and for my last object I showed my classmates a printout of the LGBT rainbow flag and basically came out to my peers and my premed teacher. I felt extremely vulnerable and on the spot as I did it in front of the entire class, but they were so supportive!! One said that I had a lot of courage to do that, and a few others gave me a hug which doesn't happen often :lol:. I just feel so relieved that I was able to tell others about who I really am, that I don't have to hide anymore in fear of judgement. Now, all that's left is my family.... That's going to be tough :lol:. But I have to take small steps first, right? :slight_smile:

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, well done! I wouldn't call it a small step either, it sounds really brave. Amazing :slight_smile:

3. Holly

I remember you posting your idea! That's so amazing, well done!

*hugs*

4. RainyViolinist

Thanks hitgirl and Holly, that means a lot to me :slight_smile: It feels like a giant weight just fell off of me.

5. Batman is swag

WOW. First of all, I believe there's some of this in order: (!):thumbsup::eusa_clap:eusa_danc(!)(!)(!)(!) CONGRATS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second: Holy crap I wish I had your courage. You are so brave to do that, and I'm really proud of you. It's fantastic that your classmates are so great about it!

6. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nice way to come out, congratulations!!! :grin:

7. All41

You definetly have guts!! Glad to hear everything went over okay

8. That's really cute and creative. I'm glad that you have supportive peers.

9. IgiariBeast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This was an amazing, creative, and inspiring thing to do. Being the same age as you, and still terrified to come out to anyone, this impacted me so much I burst into tears. I probably still won't come out for a while, but I'd like to give you an early thank you.

10. RainyViolinist

It really is an honor to have an impact on your life, this means so much to me. Trust me, it's not going to be a walk in the park when you come out. I was practically about to faint when I did that stunt. However, you have to be able to work past the fear and just kinda spit it out almost. Take as much time as you need to come out, there's no expiration date :slight_smile:. And no, thank you for sharing that with me.

11. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I remember when you posted your idea. I'm glad you went through with it, and I'm glad it went so well!
    Were there no negativity from the class, because that would be amazing! I'm happy they were so supportive!

12. sammy1

Wow...so brave! Good job! I couldn't do that!

13. Lewis

Small step? That was a huge step! Congratulations. :slight_smile: