1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to my mom (2)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by silk, Sep 17, 2013.

1. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so I posted this yesterday: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-stories/109126-came-out-ot-my-mom.html
    feeling a bit better. I can still remember everything, but it feels like a dream. Just saying those words "I am gay" to my mom feel so unreal.

after I said it, 2 times, because she said "what?", she started asking questions.
    I would rather have no questions, but yeah, can't always get what you want.
    She said it's okay, I can't do anything about it. She asked me how long I already knew, I said "about 1 year I think", she asked why I didn't tell her sooner, just kept quit.
    Was just thinking about how I still sometimes have the feeling that I may just be totally wrong, wanting to be straight, that I still don't have the feeling that I know for sure, so asking something likes this was a question I actually couldn't answer, but I just said one year.
    She said I should maybe join an organasation for gays/BI/Lesbians.
    She asked me if I had a boyfriend, the problem is, in dutch, the word boyfriend is translated as "friend" and just a friend to. So I was kinda confused.
    just asked: "how do you mean?" then fastly answered no.
    then after a while she asked: "wxhat about your brother?" (I'm a twin), probably not knowing that if one is gay, both aren't necissarily gay. I just said I didn't know, I know for a fact he is (he doesn't), but I didn't want to tell her. I don't even think he's out to anyone.
    One of the reasons that I wanted her to know was that I wanted to buy a rainbow bracelet. Bought it.
    Now I'm ready to come out to my whole school, finally comming out of this dusty boring and anoying closet...

sidenote: The biggest problem that I found telling her was saying those words.
    Do Straights go to ther mom and tell them: "I'm straight"?
    No, so why should I do it? isn't it weird? Isn't it the same?
    I found it weird to say something like this.
    But it turned out pretty well.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! The next "interesting" time is when you will bring home a boyfriend for the first time (or "friend" if you prefer) :grin:

3. silk

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, that's one I'm looknig forward to :wink: