1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby steps

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Etak, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Etak

I was already out with no issue to my parents, grandfather, and best friend. Tonight, I went a little bit further. I told someone from my dojo (my dojo is one thing I've worried about a lot. My dojo mates are like family to me). I knew he wouldn't have a problem with it, because I'm starting to suspect that he is a closeted gay himself. I made some joke about how I'd finish watching the Matrix trilogy when I was done with my French lesbian films... then he said "What? I don't get what you just said!" And I said "I just came out to you." Awkward.

But after that, he was really supportive. I told him about how being afraid to write about it was restricting my creativity, and he suggested that I make a pen name and submit as an alter identity. That way, I'm safe but still open for now, and I have time to figure things out. He told me that one day, those identities would mesh into one, and I would know the time was right. Then he reminded me that telling him was one step closer.

I'm really glad I talked to him. It feels like I'm no longer suffocating under the weight of this big thing that I don't want to face.

2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, well done :slight_smile:

3. lovely lesbian

Congrats:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. feelinglostx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people