1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Weeks since I came out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by GArchi1992, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I thought I'd document this momentous occasion and share my first 10 weeks since I came out to my family.

The past few months have been crazy. A proper whirlwind of emotions. But all I can say is, it's been truly amazing. I've not encountered any negative or homophobic comments towards me. Everyone has been so accepting and nothing has changed. No awkwardness nothing.

I never thought I would have such a positive reaction off my family. My dad especially always made homophobic comments, but he turned out to be one of the most accepting people ever. So it just goes to show that, no matter how much you think you know someone, they can and probably will surprise you.

Right now, I'm extremely content with my life. I went from feeling like the world was against me at the start of the year. I felt my dreams and ambitions were so far out of reach that I'd never be able to make it. I felt my sexuality would someone supress me and limit what I could achieve and it was a dark cloud hanging over my head. Once I came out, all this changed. I realised that it was probably the hardest thing to do; coming out to my parents. And it's made me feel like I can achieve anything and I'm now working towards my life ambitions. It's hard in the beginning but it definitely gets better.

So, I just made this thread to show people that no matter how much you think you know someone they can do things like this to surprise you and react 100 percent better than you expected. Coming out, is hard. It's entering the unknown. But once you take the plunge the only way is forward. It definitely gets better.

P.S Thankyou, to everyone that has supported me through this, this past year. It means a lot.

2. RawringTiger

Gratz dude 10 weeks? thats a big milestone wait for 10 years and ill throw you a party
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, you're so right. Every person I tell feels like a weight off my shoulders and makes me feel happier afterwards. :slight_smile: