1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know if this can be seen as coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by tryhtwfr, Sep 24, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

I've not always been certain of what sexuality I am, I've always wondered why I have such a strange attraction to girls and why I can love them but today me and my friend were walking home from school and I've only known her for 3 weeks but she has a gay friend. She always compares her gay friend to me and says we are so alike and when I start talking about the rumours that went around about me being gay she goes it's your life and you can choose to be who you want. So, I started talking about the rumours and how they did effect me and whatnot and I go I haven't told this to anyone but I think I might like boys but I don't know (etc.) and we walked and walked and talked and talked and she said along the lines 'I don't know how bad it is for you because I'm straight so we don't have to exactly explore and we know from birth but she goes I can emphasize with you but I can't imagine what you've been through' and we talked for hours after school walking wherever and at the end she hugged me so tight and we were there for 5 minutes hugging.

Today was the first time in 5 years that I actually smiled and it felt like a big weight was taken off my shoulders!

2. TimK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Good feeling, isn't it? Take it easy and enjoy just being yourself.

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great, well done! :slight_smile: