1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My turn now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Chels, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Chels

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I guess it's my time to tell my story.

This happened a couple years ago, but it was the first time ever I told anyone something so personal about myself. I'm an extremely private person, so for me it was a huge step.

If I remember correctly I had a study afternoon with this girl that became in a short time a really good friend of mine. She used to talk to me about her life and her problems, even though I met her just 1-2 years before in school, and I always felt really comfortable around her, so I thought she was the right person to talk to.
    After we studied the whole afternoon I walked her to the bus stop and I casually brought up a subject we were talking about in school earlier that day: would you ever tell a really big secret to someone?
    Ironically enough I had been paired up with her for this class, and of course my answer to the question had been no. Still, I thought that would have been the best way to bring the whole "hey, I like girls" subject up.
    I remember I just decided to stop thinking and wondering, i just told her that I had been dating from 2007 to 2010, and never told anyone. When she asked me why I never told, not even my best friend, my answer was "Well, it's funny you ask... cause the weird thing is that she's a girl".
    "And what's weird about that?" she asked me back, and we just started laughing. She's been really positive about that, and she just asked me some stuff, then we parted ways, and since then nothing has changed between the two of us.

Ever since I did that I've been wondering why it was so easy with her, yet why it seemed so hard to tell anyone else, so even though I wanted to let someone else know, I never did, until I happened to have this huge crush on another girl. On my side, and on my side only, it was so serious I had to have someone else in on the secret, but who? I decided to take advantage of that, so on a weekend I invited two of my close friends out for a movie, and told one of the two to show up 10 minutes before the other, so we could talk.
    I was so hyper I pretty much blurted the whole thing out as soon as she got to my place and, after a few minutes of silence, things went pretty smoothly with her too.
    At first I did think she was just gonna walk away, because she completely shut down and didn't speak a word, so I laughed nervously and waited, telling her not to take it too bad. She laughed a little too, telling me she was just processing, and after a few seconds she started firing questions as if there was no tomorrow.

Both times I had no idea how things could have gone, I knew both girls were really open minded and close to me, but I wasn't sure they would have stuck with me after that. Never expected it to be so easy to tell too, once I decided to just shut my brain down and speak without thinking of the consequences.
    Maybe not everyone I'll ever tell will take it just as well, or will make some funny/witty comment about my coming out, but I felt I should shared this: I've seen so many people not telling because they're afraid of the consequences, or because they can't seem to bring themselves to. If I made it, and I survived, there's hope for everyone out there :lol:

2. Twinkletoes81xx

Congratulations! <3 :wink:

3. lovely lesbian