1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to new friends at the uni

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Dryad, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This week I started going to the university and I've been making some new friends. We tell stories, laugh, we chat about the lectures ect. I kinda like a girl in this "group", and I was thinking that maybe she's gay/bi because she seems to be very interested in me, she looks at me sometimes during the lecture, she talks more with me than with the other kids and she compliments me.... Anyway, today we talked about gay people. Everyone turned out to be straight. -sigh- It wasn't a serious conversation, but everyone said they have gay friends and are ok with homosexuality in general. And then I took the chance and said "actually I like girls too". xD The funny part was that half of them heard it, so I had to repeat it. Oh, my heart was pounding so hard, I was afraid it was visible. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: One said... "so you're bi" and I replied "yes, I suppose you can call me bi". Then I said that sometimes I checked out girls with my boyfried, and they laughed. They took it well, it wasn't mentioned since then and my relationship with them hasn't changed at all. :slight_smile:

2. penguin machine

Congrats! That's really good news. I'm such a loner, I'd never end up in a group of people like that, but if it comes up, I always mention my boyfriend. Remembering that I'm loved and communicating that fact seems so much easier than saying "I'm bisexual" out loud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done :slight_smile:

Penguin_machine, that's awesome, I'm so looking forward to being able to do that instead of saying 'I'm bi'!