1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

she apologized =]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by jman77, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i dont post that much here and this is an old story but the last part just happened today so yea...

last summer i started coming out to people and when two went well i decided to tell my sister. i said that i needed to tell her something and she started guessing things like if i got a girl pregnant (lol) i said no to everything then she asked if i was gay and i responded "uh... half way" lol. so then she freaked out and started crying and basically everything i didnt want to happen. so up until about three months ago our relationship was pretty bad. we still talked alittle but not even close to the extent we had before. she would say things every so often if i was still "had my problem" and if i had tried to fix it and stuff like if i knew what i would have to do with a guy. i would never say anything back because she was my older sister but i hated when she said that stuff and wouldnt talk to her for days.

it started getting a little better and she wouldnt say those things anymore. today we were at a restaurant that we know the owners and everyone so we were there for a while. i was driving home and she told me things that no one knows about her like that she is dating the cook that is getting divorced. i didnt think that it was bad or anything and she said thanks for not thinking bad of her or anything. so we pull into our driveway and im about to get out and she said "wait we have to talk about something, the thing you told me last summer" so i thinking of just getting out because of the past things but for some reason i stayed looked at her and she said "you trusted me and i was thinking about it and i reacted really bad, not in the way i should have and im sorry for everything" then she got out and i sat in the car for a while shocked and very happy :slight_smile:

2. Astaroth

Awwww, I'm glad to hear that. It seems that once she got over the initial shock and phobia of it all, she realized that you were still you. Plus.. her 'dark little secret' must have given her some insight into what it's like to be you (although pale in comparison). Congrats.

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratz!! :grin:

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That's awesome! Good on your sister.

5. Louise

Phew, what a relief for you. This is a lovely story because it gives hope of acceptance to others who have had negative reactions. It is easy to judge until you are in a 'socially unacceptable' situation yourself and then you realise that life is not black or white and who are you to judge others.

At least your sister had the good grace to apologise, I hope you can now get back to the close relationship you had with her before.

6. Trent13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats!