1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing changed after coming out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Spirit, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Spirit

So I told my dad on Sunday night. It went well. The only thing that has really changed is an increase of the number of times he pats my arm, and asking if I'm doing okay. (Every time I'm quiet or tired he asks how I'm doing.) It hasn't been addressed since then, which I'm curious about. It's not like I expect him to go 'So, any cute girls at school?', that's totally out of character for him anyways. I'm just not sure what to expect, since my mom talked about it a lot with me. Is this a normal thing where he's adjusting or...?

2. yep

yep

He's just trying to be supportive in the only way he can figure out how to. I'm sure things will probably flatten out over time! Most likely just an adjustment period!

3. method

I think you should have nothing to worry about at all. Sounds like you've got a great dad :slight_smile:

4. Sully

This is a stereotype and not true of all men, but IMO/IME, men can be a bit awkward with bringing up personal issues. By the sounds of it he doesn't have any problem with you, he's just being a cute awkward dad not knowing exactly how to handle a delicate situation :grin:

5. Techno Kid

I think he's just trying to make sure you are not depressed at those times. :slight_smile: He sounds totally sweet. ^ ^