1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went all in

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by NouvelleVague, Oct 11, 2013.

1. NouvelleVague

Hello people :slight_smile:

I just wanted to thank to everyone of you who once gave me advice ! Because of you, because of this community, I have come to accept who I am, I have grown more confidence (It does work with a lot of thinking, too.) so much that I finally publicly came out on Facebook last night [Not a big deal, really, since my status don't get read so much, but, it is a step] . And I shall now live by the homosexual biromantic label with no fear, and that's a damn relief...

After I came out as bisexual (Seriously. Sorry that I throw more fire on the debate.) I come to terms with the fact that I was just trying to slowly warm up the temperature for people around me to accept it. It's easier to say "Oh I'm bisexual" rather than "I am a lesbian" and have to explain why you had a boyfriend [People can be really silly].

But honestly, now that I closely look at it. Wait. No.
    I've always looked at it really closely, I guess I couldn't just accept it. Not because I thought it was wrong, but just because I knew it was going to make my life even more difficult. I was afraid - and I am no more.

It actually now makes sense. I'm just not turned on and rather annoyed by the opposite sex, because I'm a lesbian. Girls are great. Girls turn me on. Girls interest me. And I have this feeling for them that is so ... tiresome to develop with men; I'd feel like I am forcing it, while flirting just comes naturally with girls.Guys, I'm a fuckin lesbian, and that is the fuckin most awesome thing that I came to accept.

Everything before was just a big huge play pretend to fit in.
    Oh my. No more insidious pressure, no more instinctive need to fit in, just the possibility to be unapologetically myself.

My mum even suggested to drive to lesbian bars and stuff - dunno whether I should be shocked or content with that, anyways... My dad joked about it - have I found a hot girl at school or something ? Sadly, I lost two friends in the process so far (In August, actually) ; we just grew apart because well, ... I figured out they're just bigots and they can't even accept the fact that they are. So they're pretending to be ok, as long as they're obviously far from me.

I just need to find a closet and take a picture to make it a profile picture because I'm so excited.
    Big selfie moment of joy that I wanted to share with this community that helped and still helps me every time I come here !

2. GirlWhoWaited

I'm so happy for you. :slight_smile: Congrats on your courage, and finally getting to be you. (*hug*)

3. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats absolutely brilliant! Especially the fact that you're so happy being you! amazing story! congratulationssssss :grin::grin::grin::grin:

4. NouvelleVague

Thank you guys :grin:
    I wish you both an amazing week (and month, and life, actually) o/
    Sharing, throwing happiness everywhere over here yay o/